Question on contract...

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
colo232

Question on contract...

Postby colo232 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:16 am

On August 2nd I faxed to Sinclair the following signed documents:

Estimate (they also refer to it as Order for Service)
Inventory
Acknowledgement of Right to Arbitrate
Credit Card Authorization Form
High Value Inventory

Our moving date is September 12th/13th.
As I said, I have sent all these previously signed forms by fax on August 2nd but had not received any confirmation from Sinclair other than a telephone conversation.
Sinclair did not charge yet to my credit card the $200 deposit required.

Should I request any document signed by them acknowledging our agreement?

Thanks to all again…

farrah7031

Re: Question on contract...

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am

It can't hurt to have everything acknowledged in writing. Call them and tell them you'd like confirmation of receipt.

Techsan93

Postby Techsan93 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am

I would agree, some sort of written confirmation shouldnt be too much to ask for. At least an email confirmation that they recieved your documents and confirmation of your agreed upon dates would be good.

I am not sure about the deposit deal. But we typically dont run credit cards till the day before we are performing services for the customer. You would figure if they wanted or needed a deposit they would go ahead and get your $200.00 right away. Not sure what to tell you there....

Techsan93

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm

I think that most reputable movers do not require a deposit.

You should have the cancellation policy in writing and have it specifically outlines. A lot of companies that require deposits have non refundable clauses if you cancel close to move date.

In our business, cancellations, postponements, and other factors is part of business, and we adjust.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

26 Miler

Postby 26 Miler » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:35 pm

I agree with BigLee...if a company is asking for money up front that should send up a red flag of caution. Something is not right...do more research. This is a great site as well as www.bbb.org and www.protectyourmove.gov. Shannon.
Shannon Price
Director of Corporate Sales

Return to “Open Community”