Moving from Tucson AZ to Eugene OR

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
lucybun

Moving from Tucson AZ to Eugene OR

Postby lucybun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Moving from Tucson AZ to Eugene OR,

Any recommendations on interstate movers that cover Arizona and the West coast?

ArchieWhite

Re: Moving from Tucson AZ to Eugene OR

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Lucy, your best bets are the local agents of any of the following national van lines.....Mayflower, United Van Lines, Allied Van Lines, Atlas Van Lines, North American Van Lines, Bekins Van Lines, Wheaton Van Lines and maybe Graebal van lines. They are all professionals that will give you professional service at a fair price and you will NOT get scammed. The scammers are usually best found on the internet. They pretend to be nice, quote you a very good price, then after they have loaded your stuffup, they hold it hostage for a lot more money than originally quoted, and they usually don't even speak english at this point, they confer with their fellow scammers in a foreign tongue, to scare you into paying their new, higher price....cash only, so no credit card dispute is possible.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Archie, thank goodness you were around to help "guide" this shipper in her quest to find a reputable moving company. Her post is kind of a reflection of our society: "I can't make a decison for myself, so please suggest a ________company for me". I'm a little frustrated, are these people adults? 8)

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Yeah, my girlfriend has trouble making up her mind too, specially in a restaurant, she says its not good for you to eat on an empty stomach.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh get over yourself. She was simply asking for information. If she hired a company off the internet without checking around and asking for information/advice, you'd chastise her for that too. She's using this site exactly as it was intended to be used.

Postby 23 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Lucy,

Please disregard the ill-bred comments above.

You are in the right place and hopefully we can assist in your decision making process.

Archie's advice gets you pointed in the right direction. I would also add that visiting some of these agents in your area will give you a better sense of their quality. Invite at least 3 or 4 that look reputable (have trucks and a decent warehouse) in for a free estimate. Then you will be able to choose a sales rep YOU feel comfortable working with.

This is a slower time for moving companies so you should be able to get very competitive bids.

Let us know what you find out and if we can assist you further.

Good luck with your move.

lucybun

Postby lucybun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks to those with actual advice, this will point me in the right direction for further research. As for the other somewhat bitter sounding posts, what the hell is the point of the forum like this if you can share advice and opinions? Just was hoping to avoid having to research every mover in Tucson and start with the ones people have had some experience with. You sound like the kind of sad people that must stroke their tiny egos by sniping at others, feel like I am back in junior high. By the way you can cool the misogyny (if you idiots even know what that means), I am a guy. You need not reply, I will not be back to this site again.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Ahh, another satisfied customer......I believe my 3rd grade teacher was named Miss Ogyny, now that you mention it.

(So the guy uses the stage name 'Lucy' and wonders why we thought he was a female?)

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Archie, should we assume you're an ill-mannered blue-collar bigot, if you use that name (think Bunker)? A name's just a name.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 pm

I prefer the nom de pluere, to be known as an Idiot Savant

Return to “Open Community”