**Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MichelleFrida

**Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California

Postby MichelleFrida » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

Hello, my family and I are planning on moving to California from Ft. Lauderdale Florida and I am searching for an All Inclusive moving company. If anyone has a suggestion, I would be most grateful. Michelle

Rick

Re: Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:32 am

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichelleFrida

Postby MichelleFrida » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:01 am

Thank you very much.

Based on the link you sent me, I have schedule 3 appointments with the companies below that are coming to our home to give an estimate. Movers Inc. gave me a quote via email based on how many rooms and a Self Inventory sheet I have to submit (not sure about this, but, they appeared to be given good reviews). They advised that since I will being having other companies come to my home, they can also take the information on size etc. from their estimates to get a more accurate quote if I want.

Suddath (United) in Ft. Lauderdale
Daniel Moving Systems (Atlas) with Raul
Joe's Moving & Storage in Miami
Movers Inc. - NY

I will keep you informed as I progress.
Thanks so much,
Michelle

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Can't find Movers, Inc in NY. Are you sure that's their whole name? Can you list a phone number, email, or website so we can peek at them?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:10 pm

MM, I think she means Moovers

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Oh.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:48 pm

:mrgreen:

MichelleFrida

Postby MichelleFrida » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi,

So far out of the 4 choices, I met with the three below:

Thanks for clarifying my misspelling of Moover's Inc. - I did not decide to go with them simply because of all the paper work I had to fill out and return and that they would not actually be sending an agent to do the inventories of my contents.

As for the others, the following is what occured:

1) Joe's Moving & Storage in Miami (Arpin Van Lines) - I have really no complaint, except for length of time for inventory, 2 hours and this was without seeing the storage unit (I just gave him the measurements and I told him how full I thought it was. Very nice representative, seemed very knowledgeable. Quoted Estimated weight was 13758 @ a price of $13,467. Binding or Non Binding were similar. So far Joe's were in the running, but...

2) Suddath (United) Ft. Lauderdale - The representative arrived, did the inventory in roughly an hour, even looked under the beds and insisted on seeing my storage unit (but in a nice I want to do my job right way).
So we drove to the unit and he then advised he would email me the quote the next day along with storage information. I got the quote the following day. He was very nice, knowledgeable and friendly. Quoted Estimated weight was 13000 @ a binding price with allowance credit of $13,165.00. The reviews, the representative and simply a good feeling put them as my 1st choice thus far. Sorry Joe's Moving. Then...

3) Daniel Moving Systems (Atlas) - This representative showed up flustered from a call from a woman he was moving, some issue of difference of opinion that he shared with me and I was immediately struck by his intensity and anxiety. I also thought this could be me on the other line one day. He did everything by hand (did not have the fancy hand held inventory machine's - by this stage the hand held device made me feel the other 2 companies were better simply because they had upgraded). He advised me he would not take up much of my time and would finish in 15 to 20 minutes. He did finish with 15-20min. I was surprised. He did not ask me many questions. He did not ask to see the storage unit, just how big it was. He did not look under the beds.
He was pretty much out of the running at this stage.
Then he advised he would email me the final estimate the next day. It was one week before I received his email from his assistant. He never called to tell me it was coming. I had already made my choice by now. And without going on, because it was just ridiculous, his quote was $30,000.
MORE THAN DOUBLE the two above. Wow! I did not even bother looking at the rest of the quote to find out how he possibly figured this out.

And so I have selected Suddath. I feel really good about it. I will keep you posted as we progress. :-)

Michelle

MichelleFrida

Re: **Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California

Postby MichelleFrida » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 am

I just realized I did not post a reply of the end result of the move, sorry. I may not remember the little details, however, I can remember that it was pretty un-eventful. Meaning it was an easy move. Only one issue came which was the date of unloading our stuff at our new home was changed about 10 days before the move. We were able to work it out, but, that I would say was the only 'Problem'. They advised that it was due to truck availability or something. Prior to the unload we had our contents in storage for about a month. On the day of the move, all was easy and pretty fast. As for any damage. One motor cycle helmet had mold/mildew from storage, a crack in a little mirror. Both were not of high value or importance to us and we simply never got around to submitting a claim. I would recommend this company again. They were easy to work with, thorough and got the job done without any major issues.

MichelleFrida

Re: **Looking for movers from Ft. Lauderdale to California

Postby MichelleFrida » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am

Actually, I am considering Suddath again for my CA. inner state move. I have a quote from them and Atlas. Suddath is still my first choice.
Again, they were thorough, good price and easy to work with.

Return to “Open Community”