NYC to Philadelphia move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sarzini

NYC to Philadelphia move

Postby sarzini » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 am

So I have three choices so far:

-All Star
-Shea
-Moovers

Was thinking of also contacting Dahill. Any other choices I should consider? I did go through the giant list on the site but honestly most of them seem badly rated.

One of the above companies did give me a quote already but in the discussion tipping was mentioned. I understand that tips are given for good work - this isn't the first move I've done with professional movers - but I was a bit disconcerted about the strong suggestion to tip. Perhaps it's just me being twitchy about this move.

rydog444

Re: NYC to Philadelphia move

Postby rydog444 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:19 am

Unless you bring up tipping or something of that sort, that topic should not come up ever during the course of you consultation or, for that matter, during the course of the entire move.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

sarzini

Postby sarzini » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 am

That's what I thought. I never mentioned it - simply reeled off in the list of the quote. Since I live in NYC I'm very used to tipping and as I mentioned I have used (and tipped!) movers before. I hate to say it but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm inclined not to use these movers. Just wanted to make sure I'm not off my rocker!

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:26 am

Not at all. As I have said here before, tipping is a recognition of outstanding service. If a person receives that and feels inclined, by all means. However, get that first and then tip.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

EastCoastMover

Postby EastCoastMover » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:52 pm

if tipping is part of the initial communication process, i would cross them off my list and fast....

sarzini

Postby sarzini » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:14 pm

The more I think about the tipping, the more they are off the list. I did contact Big Apple Movers and I'm strongly considering using them. Their price was similar to the company which referred to tipping.

Glad to see I wasn't losing my mind about not using that company.

sarzini

Postby sarzini » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 pm

So far the quotes are ranging from $1191 to $2100. Yikes!

Return to “Open Community”