**Very, very short distance move within Los Gatos CA. Mountains

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MichelleFrida

**Very, very short distance move within Los Gatos CA. Mountains

Postby MichelleFrida » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello Moving Scam community,

Moving Scam helped me with my move from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Gatos Mountains with Suddath 2 years ago. I also used the vehicle suggested moving companies. All was good. I am so grateful to Moving Scam and their members. Thank you.

We have finally purchased a home and are planning a move within the Los Gatos mountains & the move is only one house up. We are looking to do the majority of the packing, but need help with large pieces and some loading. i.e. Sofa's, TV's, Book cases etc. Some stuff we will be able to even drive up ourselves also.

We are looking to save (who isn't) and are wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Probably not, but, any advise would be most grateful.

I would simply go with a company that 'We Pack & Un Pack and they ship" but we need some help.

And I feel a full move would be so expensive, but, not sure where to begin.

Thanking you in advance,
Michelle

BigLeeCalif

Re: **Very, very short distance move within Los Gatos CA. Mountains

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 am

If you're happy with Suddath, contact them. They have an office in San Jose that is quite capable of doing local moves.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 am

I agree with BigLee. Get a quote from Suddath - it might be less than you think.

If it's too expensive for you, since you are moving only one house away you might consider hiring workers from a top-rated company on www.movinghelp.com and renting a truck for them to use. The downside is that most companies listed there don't have their own insurance and you could be liable if someone gets hurt.

To help build our database, could you tell us which Suddath office in FL you used two years ago and also which auto mover or movers you used?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MichelleFrida

Postby MichelleFrida » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks again for great advise,

I already met with Suddath and also Thomas Transfer & Storage. I am going to put in a call to Moovers Inc. (even though I was not happy with them in Florida, because of the paperwork I had to submit, but maybe it will be different here).

As for Suddath - same as in Florida, easy to deal with, thorough and so far a great price.

Thomas Transfer & Storage - I am waiting for quote. One note of interest was the person that came was nice enough, not as thorough, but seemed to think that telling me almost immediately that they were one of the more expensive companies. I was immediately put off and told him that I was, and that it was not a great sales tactic. He did not know how much or how little I could spend. He tried to back peddle, with jokes etc. but, he was already at the house, so figured let's see HOW expensive he would be.

My husband seemed to think the man was trying to say they were really good so charged a higher price. Not smart.

I will keep you posted :-)

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Did you make a choice yet? I was up in the area toward the end of last week. Beautiful weather you're having.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”