FMCSA Grants AMSA's Request to regulate Brokers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PaigeHolden

FMCSA Grants AMSA's Request to regulate Brokers

Postby PaigeHolden » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Thought this might be of interest to the forum :-)

http://www.promover.org/files/govtaffai ... 112910.pdf
Paige Holden

EastCoastMover

Re: FMCSA Grants AMSA's Request to regulate Brokers

Postby EastCoastMover » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Great idea in theory but is this just another rule that will not or cannot be enforced...There are already tons of rules,but without the ICC there seems to be little enforcement.....I'm just sayin...

LGarrison

Postby LGarrison » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:36 pm

EastCoastMover wrote:Great idea in theory but is this just another rule that will not or cannot be enforced...There are already tons of rules,but without the ICC there seems to be little enforcement.....I'm just sayin...

SO true, we don't need more rules just enforcement.
I'M A LEGAL DOT MOTOR CARRIER with DOT and MC NUMBERS,,,, Compliant with ACTIVE COMMON and CONTRACT AUTHORITY as per FMCSA, I'm in compliance with CSA2010. A legal/quality carrier does matter.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 pm

In this release there is a place to respond to it to place it in the record. I suggest you all respond and place your thought in the record for it. Especially the new rule when they cannot even enforce the other rules with the lack of personnel they have.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Amazing that the Fed would even listen to some of the garbage. I hope you all send in comments to this and the other laws as well. If we don't have them listening, they will only listen to the ones who have placed input. Read the rule and recognize the names and you will all see what I mean.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Griffin Allied

Postby Griffin Allied » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:21 am

I agree Amsa has lots of rules that are good in theory, however they dont know who is a broker or a legit mover. Take a look at there promover program. I know there are members in south florida who have no business being affiliated with Amsa, but they have their promover certification. Ultimately its on the consumer to research for themselves, no organization is going to to anything about rogue movers and brokers.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:44 pm

In todays news, I learned that the state of Georgia has 104,000 employees....guess how many they have in the dept that helps people who have problems with moving?

That's right....one....he does the best he can, but with new movers popping up everyday, he can't do much.

For all I know, he may also have the responsibility for taxis, limos, freight trucks, busses, and other 'transportation' issues.

Return to “Open Community”