Atmosphere Movers, Covington LA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cgm3

Atmosphere Movers, Covington LA

Postby cgm3 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Does anyone have experience with Atmosphere Movers of Covington, LA? We've used them before for short distances, but we're considering using them for a cross-country move.

I did not see anything posted on Atmosphere in the forum.

Also considering Armstrong.

Movinghelper

Re: Atmosphere Movers, Covington LA

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm

BASICs Overview On-Road Investigation BASICs
Status
Unsafe Driving Inconclusive
Fatigued Driving 96.4%
Driver Fitness Inconclusive
Controlled Substances and Alcohol No
Violations
Vehicle Maintenance 89.3%
Name : ATMOSPHERE MOVERS, INC
USDOT Number : 1043891
MC # : 433805
Address : 2001 HIGHWAY 190 EAST SERVICE RD
COVINGTON, LA 70433-4948
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (985)626-7600
Fax : (985) 246-6882

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Conditional
Review Date : 9/2/2011
Most recent Safety Rating Data
Licensing & Insurance Status : Registered
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 6
Number of Tractors : 0
Number of Trailers : 0
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I do not see anything scary about them. Steadily licensed for interstate moves since 2002, and you've already gotten great service from them. Movers love repeat business.

cgm3

Postby cgm3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks for that.

I guess my concern arises from Atmosphere's quote, which doesn't recite a weight, only "2500 sqft - 1 LG TRUCK," and it's a lot less detailed than my quotes from Atlas and Armstrong Relocation (United).

I also can't figure out how Atlas and Armstrong arrived at such dramatically different weight estimates.

Atmosphere quoted $10,500 for 2,500 ft^2 (& basic insurance of $0.60/#).
Armstrong quoted $13,000 for 14,400 lbs (w/ full-value protection), or about $90/# to move us across the country.
Atlas quoted $15,000 for 20,562 lbs (w/ full-value protection), or about $0.73/# to move us across the country.

So before I get on the phone, I need to get a handle on the right questions to ask.

Any suggestions?

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Find another carrier if they are charging by square foot. I did not like their webpage anyway A lot of things were not working on it.
Stick with companies that you can see the weight on or at least have the protection of a reweigh.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

cgm3

Postby cgm3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks. It's between United (Armstrong) and Atlas.
The drastic differences in estimated weight has me stymied, though.

Especially since the one quoting a higher $ amount (Atlas) is a lower price per pound.

Once I can sort that out, I can decide....

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Did anyone notice it says 6 trucks, no trailers.

That means they are operating straight trucks for their moves.

Let me say this... You ain't getting 17,000 lbs in a straight truck, and be legal.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

WjsTme2021

Postby WjsTme2021 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Atmosphere Movers has been moving in the area locally under compliance of the Department of Transportation. They are fully licensed and insured . They also abide by their tariff set forth to Louisiana’s Public Service Commission. I have not seen one post or review stating that they run a poor business . Of the negative reviews seen, they were about minor damages which the moving company seems to address swiftly and correct each time. As to the gentlemen that stated square foot pricing is a no , no, he’s incorrect. Their prices are competitive , but flat rate. That means you get no hidden surprises opposed to an hourly rate company that can bill incorrectly and often do. Their employees it appears stay employed with them as well. That’s beneficial to you meaning you are not getting any cheaply hired off of the street last minute help . They appear to be 100 percent legit and a decent company. Like another user posted-if you used them once and appreciated their services as they gave you no reason not to-, then why even concern yourself questioning already proven 5 star moving services? Also please note , if you even read this being this post is a bit outdated, local companies strive hard to make things work. It’s their brand and identity unlike every fast food franchise company ie,; Two Men . If a company can remain in business with 5 stars for over 20 years-they must be treating their clients decently and remaining a professional company.

Return to “Open Community”