Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
phantom27

Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Does anyone have any information on Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Littleton, Colorado?

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Postby MusicMom » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Before we look, is that the same town you're located in? Because otherwise they can't come to your house to see everything you plan on moving, which is the only way to get an accurate estimate.

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 pm

No it isn't but they gave me a per-pound price and offered to allow us to follow them to the nearest DOT certified scale to witness the weigh-out. Their estimate also included insurance quotes and prices for fuel surcharge, origin and destination charges etc. I've had several movers in to look and estimate and their weight estimates far exceed that of what I know my one bedroom apartment contents to weigh. Their estimate, based on what I told them, was 2K lbs. which, while I still think is a bit high, is far closer to the 3,000 plus pounds the in-house estimators offered.

This company is BBB registered, small, female owned. No DOT inspection problems and 1 million in current insurance. All licenses are current with no complaints I can find but I was hoping that someone in CO might have some info on them.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 pm

What is their license number? It's not on their website (required by law) and a search of the name "Movers Choice" in CO got no hits.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:34 pm

What is their license number? It's not on their website (required by law) and a search of the name "Movers Choice" in CO got no hits.

What will you do if their estimate says you have 2,000 pounds but the actual weight is 3,000 as the in home visits have said? Can you afford a jump in price?

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 pm

DOT = 1339982
MC 529897

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, we can afford that if it's accurate.

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh yeah -- The actual title of the company is Movers Choice Moving and Storage.

http://www.moverschoiceusa.com/

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Ahh, it was the pesky apostrophe that threw off the name search.

I'm wondering how they can claim 7 years of operation when the license was revoked after only a few months in 2005, then only reinstated this past June? Were they onpy operating within the state of CO?

Where are you moving to?

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Pennsylvania

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Their address is a house. They claim to have secure storage "UNITS" which i would guess that they put your stuff in a mini storage unit. They claim to have one truck, one tractor and one trailer. Where do they park it? Inquiring minds like mine would want to know.

If you choose this company, make sure that you meet the truck at the scale and make sure it says their company name on this. Then I would require that payment is COD at the time of delivery. If they weigh it in front of you, have them give you a copy of the rated bill of lading right then before the truck leaves Colorado so you have proof of the costs. Most likely they will broker out the shipment and that is where the problem hits you. Have them put in writing that the final bill of lading are the correct charges and that the driver will not ask for more money when he arrives.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

phantom27

Postby phantom27 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 pm

If we go with them we'll do all that. The house is the owner's, typical of a small business to have office at home. Apparently they were operating intrastate for most of those five years.

Thanks for the advice. We'll see what happens.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:43 am

Why would you go with a company like that? Why why why?

If you think your going to get them to do things your way once your at the weight station as mentioned below, wishful thinking. It doesnt matter what you tell one company if another is brokered out to handle it for you.

For god sake, suck it up and either do it yourself or call a United, Allied, Graebel, Mayflower, North American agent in your area.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Griffin Allied

Postby Griffin Allied » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 pm

phantom27 wrote:If we go with them we'll do all that. The house is the owner's, typical of a small business to have office at home. Apparently they were operating intrastate for most of those five years.

Thanks for the advice. We'll see what happens.

I think the rest of us already know whats going to happen, but please do keep us posted.
Moving families since 1929

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Well, I'm not saying they're a scammer, just that they don't have the history, correct paperwork, or logistical ability to really do as smooth a move as others. And Phantom is really leaving himself open for problems with that agreement. I do hope we're wrong.

Return to “Open Community”