Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
phantom27

Re: Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Postby phantom27 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 am

Movinghelper wrote:
But I never had a moving company stick to their price and make sure I was satisfied with the results

You have obviously not used a good quality company. I have had very few problems with any of my customers in the moving industry. Maybe 2 or 3 over 5 years.

AH! Now I see. You apparently own a moving company for which Mover's Choice would be competition.

Enough said I think.

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Bahahaha. I figured .

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I posted my email and phone number to allow people to contact me if they wanted a personal reference. I don't have anything to gain for posting what I did. I just wanted to let people know how they did. It sounds like there are a few companies posting on here that haven't came forward with their company name. I believe this board is for reviews, meaning you are either asking someone for a reference or you have done business with them. It's not for other companies to slam on their competition. My opinions of movers choice are from an actual move.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Just so you know the facts here about my postings.

I have no dog in this fight. I have no moving company and I work for no moving company.
I assist people on here with getting information and finding things out. I also have an extensive knowledge of the industry since I have in the past worked for a moving company.

I also worked for US DHS and am retired now. I still work, but not in the moving industry or anything connected to it.
I do this as a volunteer and have nothing but the best of intentions to make sure you get the current facts.

I myself have moved over 13 times all over the country. So I have also some experience on DITY moves and contract moves.

So if you think I am saying something that might be skewed, you could never be so wrong.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:36 pm

phantom27 wrote:
Movinghelper wrote:
But I never had a moving company stick to their price and make sure I was satisfied with the results

You have obviously not used a good quality company. I have had very few problems with any of my customers in the moving industry. Maybe 2 or 3 over 5 years.

AH! Now I see. You apparently own a moving company for which Mover's Choice would be competition.

Enough said I think.

So your comment about only have two to three customers problems over five years was just a mistake. You know it is hard enough to try to make a living but even harder if your a small company trying to the right thing and you have people making you look bad. Big companies tend not to give you individual satisfaction and trust in their abilities to do the right thing by their clients. I know this because I have moved from mi to WY, WY to ne, ne to tx, tx to sd, sd to Europe, Europe to Washington, Washington to az, az to WY and WY to AK and I will be moving again in a couple of months back to the lower forty eights. I tell you again, you can have 40 great moves but the one bad one is what you will look at. If you got treated right and they did what they had to to make it right then you will go back to them again and again. This is the first company that I have used that went the extra mile and made it right. Never waited to use the other companies again but mover choice will be the first company that will get my repeat business. My phone number and email is listed and I will be glad to share my story with anyone that wants it. I didnt meet these people before Dec of 2012 and I couldn't pick out the owner if you paid me. I have never worked for a moving company but I have drove semi in the past. I am an engineer tech and work in the energy industry. I have supervised contractors of small businesses in the past. A lot of them mom and pop operations. Once the big companies get your money they don't care about claims, damages or lost items. I don't think they even care about repeat business. The small companies do care. It is their lively hood. I was just not merely lucky, I was treated right. I have never moved anywhere where something didn't get damaged but for once they stood by their word well I would say they did more then they promised and earn a repeat client. People including you should be glad to hear of a company devoted to giving good quality service. Unless you have an alternative motive?

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 pm

So your comment about only have two to three customers problems over five years was just a mistake.

As I clearly stated:
I assist people on here with getting information and finding things out. I also have an extensive knowledge of the industry since I have in the past worked for a moving company.

If you read correctly I did compliment you on the post.

Big companies do care about repeat business. That is why they protect their name. When in the industry I relied on repeat business and recommendations. And yes it was for a big company.

I know you have moved a lot and I can attest to your address's all being in the places that you have stated

There are quite a few Mom and Pop business's that are thought of very highly here. So please do not insinuate that I am against the mom and pops nor is this forum.

You are welcome to click on my name and read all of my post here is you wish to gain further insight into my motives.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:50 pm

jamie.cragle@gmail.com wrote:
Noone wrote:Actually, I can blame them for giving an estimate that is way off. That is their job, not yours.

I can also blame them for doing a lot that is illegal. Unless the truck had their information on it, that was also illegal, and it sounds like they brokered the jobs to Eugene (unless Eugene is an employee of theirs).

So yes, you got very lucky. They could have just as easily illegally brokered the job to Bill or Bob, or Ofer, who could have handled the job very differently. In the slow winter months, they might be able to pick and choose the better folks to broker to, but not in the busy summer months.

As an aside, while I'm not saying this company is a scammer (but I am saying they are doing a lot that is flat out illegal), many scammers will do a good job or two in the slow months to get a couple of happy customers who will then try to convince others that is was not pure luck that led them to a good deal. So keep this in mind while you toot the horn of a company that can't follow the laws. It has nothing to do with your shopping skills.

Having said all of that, I do appreciate you coming here and giving your review, and I'm happy it all worked out well for you. If you have ever considered buying a lottery ticket, now would be a good time - your luck is running high.

Hi, I don't believe they are scammers. I would like to tell you that I have moved all over the USA and overseas. But I never had a moving company stick to their price and make sure I was satisfied with the results. I do believe that movers choice is just trying to give the best quality of work she can to her customers. Again I would like to say, they did right by me and hope everyone that goes through them has as good of an opinion as I do. Trust me I thought this all would be a battle but it really wasn't and I was happy in the end.

Jamie Cragle

I believe that this is the conversion in which you were not really apart of that set me off. The willingness of this forum and it volunteers to point fingers of whether something is legal or not or that a company is a "scammer" leaves a sour taste in this readers mouth. First not knowing anything about them and commenting on the business basid on unsubstantiated facts could hurt those "mom and pop" companies. If you are truly trying to help then encouraging your readers to do research or just not use he company if they are unsure would be better. But only give the facts and not a poor review of their abilities basid on shear conjecture. But before you comment as an volunteer and a person that has knowledge of this field remember that everyone has to start somewhere.
I have no patients for "volunteers" that tend to point a finger so quickly at people or businesses in which they have not had dealings with. Simply congratulating them on their move would he better. Remember that the words you use could cost a good small company to go under.

Also, you stated that the bigger businesses do care and they want repeat business well that not my opinion. I have had several bigger moving companies conduct my moves but at no point did I get the personal response and concern to my problem (note: I didn't tell you the larger companies names nor did I slam them) as I did with this small company. This is my opinion and I have stated that over and over and will continue as long as you do. Please, be mindful of what you say about the companies you write about. State the facts and not conjecture. Criticizing people for their choice in movers and their outcomes should not be part of your response to these posts.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm

The basis of operating a legal business in interstate commerce is following all of the laws. This they have not done that to date. One of the simplest things in the law is to place your DOT or MC number on your electronic advertisement to include your webpages. This way you know the company you are dealing with and can readily look up information.

Usually this is the start of delving deeper into the company.

There are also 5 other companies with the same name or similar name that have come and gone just in Colorado. Some of the administratively dissolved.

You might have moved a lot and have a lot of experience in it. Good and bad. But this is "MOVINGSCAM.COM" and we deal with a lot of companies out there that refuse to follow the laws. This to the detriment of the customers which give them their worldly belongings.

Some we have stopped and others still exist perpetrating the fraud on the public.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect your opinion based on your move with them.

However a lot of the volunteers here are well versed in the industry, some still in the industry, some of them HR personnel that deal with relocation and moving companies also others who have fallen victims to the industry and the lack of enforcement of the laws.

The victims are the ones who have started this website. I am not sure if you have taken the opportunity to read the stories or not.
http://www.movingscam.com/theTrueStory.shtml

We even assist people who have dealt with large companies. We assist them in their rights and help them resolve things to to an acceptable level.

Not by twisting arms but by educating them on their rights and the laws that need to be followed. An educated consumer is good for this industry.

You may also notice that there is no self promotion on this site.

I very rarely get upset at anything when volunteering here. But for someone to state the following:
The willingness of this forum and it volunteers to point fingers of whether something is legal or not or that a company is a "scammer" leaves a sour taste in this readers mouth. First not knowing anything about them and commenting on the business basid on unsubstantiated facts could hurt those "mom and pop" companies.

Please ma'm let me know where they are posting their required information on their website as required by law.
Also the information to the feds does not jive with other information on the web.
Some sites say 2 trucks and 2 drivers
The fed site state 22 trucks and 4 drivers.
Insurance sites state 2 trucks and 2 drivers.
No big rigs.
Plus we have the fact that there was an involuntary revocation of their license.
US DOT: 1339982 Docket Number: MC529897
Legal Name: RITA I HERSHCOVICH
Auth Type 1st Served Date Effective Date Reason
CONTRACT
02/06/2006
03/13/2006
INVOLUNTARY REVOCATION
COMMON
11/25/2005
12/28/2005
INVOLUNTARY REVOCATION

So there is more than just reviews or customer input that a lot of the pros and volunteers on here base things on.

We delve into things pretty deep. That is what we do here to help in protecting the consumer.
Some people get lucky and others suffer.

In closing, I for one appreciate the dialog and also the review. To have another company on the scope is a good thing for everyone that moves. Good or bad, a review is still good for the consumer.

Have a great evening.

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Noone

Postby Noone » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 am

Noone wrote:Actually, I can blame them for giving an estimate that is way off. That is their job, not yours.

I can also blame them for doing a lot that is illegal. Unless the truck had their information on it, that was also illegal, and it sounds like they brokered the jobs to Eugene (unless Eugene is an employee of theirs).

So yes, you got very lucky. They could have just as easily illegally brokered the job to Bill or Bob, or Ofer, who could have handled the job very differently. In the slow winter months, they might be able to pick and choose the better folks to broker to, but not in the busy summer months.

As an aside, while I'm not saying this company is a scammer (but I am saying they are doing a lot that is flat out illegal), many scammers will do a good job or two in the slow months to get a couple of happy customers who will then try to convince others that is was not pure luck that led them to a good deal. So keep this in mind while you toot the horn of a company that can't follow the laws. It has nothing to do with your shopping skills.

Having said all of that, I do appreciate you coming here and giving your review, and I'm happy it all worked out well for you. If you have ever considered buying a lottery ticket, now would be a good time - your luck is running high.

Hi, I don't believe they are scammers. I would like to tell you that I have moved all over the USA and overseas. But I never had a moving company stick to their price and make sure I was satisfied with the results. I do believe that movers choice is just trying to give the best quality of work she can to her customers. Again I would like to say, they did right by me and hope everyone that goes through them has as good of an opinion as I do. Trust me I thought this all would be a battle but it really wasn't and I was happy in the end.

Jamie Cragle

I believe that this is the conversion in which you were not really apart of that set me off. The willingness of this forum and it volunteers to point fingers of whether something is legal or not or that a company is a "scammer" leaves a sour taste in this readers mouth. First not knowing anything about them and commenting on the business basid on unsubstantiated facts could hurt those "mom and pop" companies. If you are truly trying to help then encouraging your readers to do research or just not use he company if they are unsure would be better. But only give the facts and not a poor review of their abilities basid on shear conjecture. But before you comment as an volunteer and a person that has knowledge of this field remember that everyone has to start somewhere.
I have no patients for "volunteers" that tend to point a finger so quickly at people or businesses in which they have not had dealings with. Simply congratulating them on their move would he better. Remember that the words you use could cost a good small company to go under.

Also, you stated that the bigger businesses do care and they want repeat business well that not my opinion. I have had several bigger moving companies conduct my moves but at no point did I get the personal response and concern to my problem (note: I didn't tell you the larger companies names nor did I slam them) as I did with this small company. This is my opinion and I have stated that over and over and will continue as long as you do. Please, be mindful of what you say about the companies you write about. State the facts and not conjecture. Criticizing people for their choice in movers and their outcomes should not be part of your response to these posts.

I'm sorry my comments set you off, but let me clear the air:

1 - I work for an international moving company, which is not based in the US. I don't compete with any interstate moving companies, and to date I have seen exactly 2 requests for information for people moving to or from the country which I service. The owners and moderators of this website allow me to help out folks here simply because I know what I am talking about, I volunteer here, and I don't promote my self or the company for which I work.

2 - I (we) at this website have seen this happen before. Specifically, one or two customers come here with good reviews about a company in the off season, praising them, and then in the busy season, we see dozens of customers use the same company and get far worse service (or get outright scammed). This is a known practice of scammers - treat one or two people right in the off-season, and then in the busy season go back to unethical practices.

3 - Had you read my post, you would have seen that I did not say this company was a scammer - only that they were not following the laws, as MovingHelper pointed out.

This could very well be an honest company trying to get a start, but if that is the case, why do they NOT follow the laws? The laws aren't really that tough to follow. If my words make a company that is acting illegally go out of business, so be it. Maybe my words will instead make the company owner decide to follow the laws.

I'm not criticizing the customer for his choice - I am warning the customer and others that his is most likely not a normal outcome of the way he chose a moving company.

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi,
I took some time and looked up some major moving companies. I will not give names as they have done nothing to me and really are only being used as an example in this conversation.
I found multiple violations to include fatalities. Here as I am sure you have informed your readers is a website that you can use to look up the USDOT number or name to find out information on these companies. Don't take my word for it look yourself.

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp

This is movers choice moving and storage BBB rating website and of course you can also look up any other company on here.

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-revi ... o-90145504

You said that movers choice was not following the most simplest laws and believe you were referring to the website and their insurance forms.
They didn't have their dot number listed. Correct?
On every piece of communtication I received it was on there. I was informed of the insurance and the paperwork that I received had the numbers on there.
I haven't been in contact with this company since my move and I do remember they were having problems with their website. I am not sure if they run it or if she hired someone else to.
You said yourself that there were 5 companies alone that had the same name. You said that the sites don't match up. Common sense tells me that all of this may possibly be clerical errors.

So the conclusion you have drawn about this company even with two different people that used them and where honest and told you good and bad is they maybe scammers.
The service you are providing seems a little bias. So you whether I use a major company that has 43 incidents on there record including a fatality then a company that has very little or incorrect information. There are several other companies that share that same name in PA and CA as well.
Do you have a list of companies that maybe good companies and you just don't have enough information on them. Is that a response you have ever used? Have you ever stated to someone that didn't take your advice that you were glad that it went well and you will make a note of it and leave at that.

To make this clear I am not upset about what you do. I think sites like this are important and I believe that your intentions may have been good at one time however you have made it clear to me that if I do not agree with you then I am wrong.
You have no evidence at all that this company would cheat or scam it's customers but yet you are defending that they maybe.
I really can't be any clearer. I am not upset at the fact that you did some research on this company and you found that there were questionable issues with them. I am upset by the way you stated. It could be any number of small mom and pop moving companies, not this one. I don't care who it is you reported on I just have a problem of how you handled it. Almost every moving company I called gave me their DOT number and asked me to look them up along with BBB website. It could be thanks to you guys that they
are now not hiding this information and we have fewer people getting ripped off. In that case I thank you. However in this case I believe you made them out to be an illegal company that would rip their customers off. I known you
said that you werent calling them scammers but you implied it.
Like I said. I don't care who the company is I don't feel that you are conducting your site in a professional manner. You can say I dont have enough information on them to say for sure and leave it at that.
So that we are clear. Someone commented or their move with this company and you responded blaming the company but you just didn't blame the company you lashed out at the person that was posting. Then when I commented on my ACTUAL move with the same company I was told that I had never used a good one. And here we are. Again this person and I used this company and had good and bad to say. We were both basically told we didn't know what we were talking about. I don't care who moved me or if this company is legal or not at this point. Your not helping your forcing your beliefs down my throat. Well based on my experience with this company they did ok. They did better then ok and I thank them for putting up with me because as you can see I can be a handful.
For those of you who are following a involuntary revocation can happen for
any number of reasons. DUI, talking on a cell phone etc. It also could be since I am not seeing any incidents or safety issues that someone elses revocation was put under this companies name as a clerical error. We don't know. I did ask some questions when I hired them but I did not ask about this one. I should have. But the point here is we don't know. So to date I count 8 companies that have operated under the same name. If we were to take this one company and really run it through the ringer then would that
imply that maybe they have given poor advice on other companies? It could be. All I am saying is if you are helping then help. By insulting the people that come here to give their ratings of the companies they use is not helping. State the fact. Guide them and show how to get the information they need to make an informed decision. If you know of a case where someone was actually ripped off by a company then direct them to them or their statement.
Please do not insult my decisions. I thought by coming here I was helping someone else down the road to be able to make a decision on this company. I wanted someone when I employed them to tell me of their experience with them. I wanted to know if anyone had used them before. Just like others do. That is what I thought I was doing.
I stated my name, email address and phone number feel free to call if you have any questions.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 pm

2 - I (we) at this website have seen this happen before. Specifically, one or two customers come here with good reviews about a company in the off season, praising them, and then in the busy season, we see dozens of customers use the same company and get far worse service (or get outright scammed). This is a known practice of scammers - treat one or two people right in the off-season, and then in the busy season go back to unethical practices.

I disagree with this statement. I have been in the moving industry 24 yrs, and I can say from experience that scammers do not have seasons. They will get you just as quickly in the winter as they will in summer.

I came late to this discussion, but I can say that I know Movinghelper on a professional basis, and I value his thoroughness in his investigations of issues that arise on this site from time to time.

If you look at dates joined on this site, you will see that I probably #2 or #3 on the active seniority list. I have been here as of this August 10 years.

I have 2 important questions about Movers Choice Moving & Storage, which shows on 21172 E Ida Ave, Centennial, CO.

#1. Where are the trucks parked? In the alley next to the house with the 2 car garage? Where are the maintenance records, and DOT inspections kept?

#2. Why is the website omitting information legally required to be posted, i.e. DOT & MC authority. No numbers did I see on this website.

@JamieCragle
But I never had a moving company stick to their price and make sure I was satisfied with the results.

I have to agree with movinghelper on this one. Our van line sends out surveys via email to every shipper that moves with our van line, and cards to those that do not have electronic access to the internet. That's why we are consistently ranked amongst the best of the best.

Our agency has been the #2 hauler in the entire van line for over 7 years in a row. The #1 hauler has more units than we do is the difference.

I get calls from headquarters often wanting to know what time a crew left the job site so they can call and do follow up.

As far as sticking to their price, I have no idea who you have been dealing with. Just recently the Federal government strengthened the rules of what carriers can and cannot do. If someone has given you or someone you know one estimate and then changed it once the shipment loaded, then that is something basically forbidden.

I am out of town on a business trip, so I do not have time to really dig into this. I just wanted the participants in this thread to believe that Movinghelper is not talking idly when he makes a point. He has more experience in sales than I do.

By the way, if all the experience of all the pros were added up, it would probably be 200+ years in this business.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

jamie.cragle@gmail.com

Postby jamie.cragle@gmail.com » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Thank you for your comment. The larger corporate company that lost my TV did not send me a survey to take. They had my email and phone number and after I found out they lost my TV wouldn't return calls. Although your company may do that it happened to me. Of course I had tdy moves as well as personal moves going back to 1986 where I used moving companies. However I have not used one since 1998. I am aware that the laws have changed. What has come out of all of this is you work for, use to work for or own moving companies and the statements of sucking it up and using a larger company is self explanatory.three of the larger companies that I looked up where on that list of larger companies phantom 27 should have used. Those companies have some major issues in there past. Although this may not be one of he companies you work for or did or own you could I think see how someone could draw a conclusion that your opinions are bias. I agree that movers choice should put their numbers on there website but I would like to say they in no way kept that information from me. I am not just defending them but also the people that come to you for advice. They come to because they believe that you can give them professional advice to allow them to make an informed decision. We appreciate the service you give. Again I have an issue with how it was handled. The questions you brought up maybe valid concerns. But again this maybe something that would be easily explained if someone was to ask them the questions. Why prove that I and phantom 27 where wrong for our choice. Why state we were lucky rather than maybe this company as administration issues and communication issues but they seem to be doing ok. You guys pick apart what I say but never really come up with a justification as to why (meaning the volunteers) you responds so harshly to these moves. Thank you again for comment.

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 pm

BigLeeCalif wrote:

I disagree with this statement. I have been in the moving industry 24 yrs, and I can say from experience that scammers do not have seasons. They will get you just as quickly in the winter as they will in summer.

Here is 1 example:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20311

I don't have the time to look through all of the old posts here, so I just went back a year or so and looked at a couple of pages.

Scammers use shills all of the time. Sometimes the shills know about it, sometimes they don't.

To the two customers who posted here, I'll sum it up here:

You think you got a good deal. Maybe you did.

I think you took a great chance using a company that brokers out your moves. You did everything against the advice of the FMCSA, but came out alright. I would not suggest your methods simply because most of the time consumers who do what you did get ripped off. If this company really cares about it's customers, it can do things right. In all honesty, most people would be quite upset if the movers were a day late and didn't know what state the goods were supposed to be shipped to.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 am

I agree that movers choice should put their numbers on there website

It isn't a matter of movers should put their numbers on their website. It is a legal requirement. Not open to interpretation of putting them there if they feel like it.

I am not just defending them but also the people that come to you for advice. They come to because they believe that you can give them professional advice to allow them to make an informed decision.

I don't want to seem cynical here, but in my almost 10 years on this site, I have lost count of the number of people we have given that professional advice to, and then they make exactly the decision we recommended they not make. It's like standing in front of a flame thrower, and thinking that you won't get burnt.

The larger corporate company that lost my TV did not send me a survey to take. They had my email and phone number and after I found out they lost my TV wouldn't return calls.

Did you file a claim with the mover? None of the major van lines I know ignore claims, or they would be out of business. Companies that ignore claims are usually the ones that change their name every week, or when the feds catch up to them. A reputable company is not going to jeopardize their reputation over a tv.

You mentioned tdy moves in your post. Obviously you have been in the military, because that is a military term... temporary duty. So if you have been moving since 1986, you should have enough expertise to know what to expect, and what questions to ask when prepping for a move.

Hopefully your next one will be more successful and without loss.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Michaelp

Postby Michaelp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm

i AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING WITH THIS COMPANY FROM tUCSON TO aSTORIA, i CALLED THE OWNER AND SHE WAS APOLOGETIC..BUT VERY STERN AND KIND OF RUDE SHE PROMISES US THE FURNITURE WITHIN A WEEK...YEAH WE WILL SEE
Moved a three room apartment from Phoenix, AZ to Sweet Valley, PA. After looking on line for movers that wouldn't require a fee that included our molars and despite the dire warnings about moving scams we decided to go with Movers Choice Moving and Storage. They provided a detailed cost estimate based on my description of the contents of the apartment and a firm price per pound for any overage. This estimate was emailed to us for electronic signature and we gave them a deposit via credit card, a precaution I took in case this WAS a scam.

On the agreed upon date they arrived at the scales (We asked to witness the truck-empty as well as truck-full weigh-outs and they readily agreed.) about 45 minutes late BUT they called me to keep me apprised of this so I wasn't in the dark. Miguel and his crew (Three men altogether) were courteous and professional. We had packed most everything beforehand so they were mostly concerned with numbering, padding and loading our rather heavy furniture and the boxes. We did require them to pack the mirrors and provide boxes for same. This was an extra $30. The weigh-out was about 800 pounds more than anticipated and I had to pay sixty-eight cents per pound on the overage plus a bit more fuel surcharge but all of this had been agreed on beforehand so no surprises at all. We got a complete and numbered inventory.

We were given a delivery window, signed off the (anticipated) paperwork and departed for home.

About a week later I called them wanting to know of progress. This is where the "fun" began. Phone calls were answered by an answering service, return calls were spotty, and no one seemed to know exactly where our stuff was or when it would be delivered. I began to worry.

After about a week of this I was told the furniture etc. was on it's way. A few days later, checking up, I was told that the truck had broken down in Illinois. I was promised a call back that day. Never got it. By now I was REALLY worried!

After several calls and a few days I got a call back that the furniture would be there next day. It was. We paid the remaining balance and the unloading began. Eugene and his helper were prompt, pleasant and did a nice set-up job on what they were required to do. All of our items arrived in one piece and were checked off on the inventory as they were unloaded with just one minor problem. A small piece of the inside wood frame on the recliner had been broken. TV's etc. were all fine.

In the final analysis the only REAL problem this company has is communication. To say it was horrible is an understatement, but in the end we saved about a thousand dollars over the best estimate from a national chain, several of which we had give us "On Site" estimates. If Movers Choice Moving and Storage wants to be "Big Time" they need to improve their in-transit customer service and information, but other than that the experience was good and I'd use them again.[/quote]
Mike

Return to “Open Community”