Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
BigLeeCalif

Re: Movers Choice Moving and Storage, Colorado

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Pros, what is required in the ways of proof when submitting your number of trucks and drivers?

This is a common question we receive, and I am sure other van line agents receive the same question.

When you have your own operating authority, you report the number of trucks and drivers that are under your own authority.

When representing the van line, you operate under their authority, and technically you cannot report those trucks under your own authority, because they are leased to the van line, who CAN show them under their operating fleet size.

Subsidiaries that have their own operating authority have to report the vehicles under that number accordingly.

A company could have 1000 vehicles, but multiple sub companies, and each one that has separate authority have to report actuals.

Company one may have 300 trucks
Company two may have 250 trucks
Company three may have 450 trucks.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 pm

But I mean, can a company just SAY they have 50 trucks, when they really just own two and lease one, for instance? Or do they have to show registrations for 50 trucks?

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 pm

They can say whatever they want, but if the government finds out they are inflating numbers, they can do some pretty tough enforcement.

For instance, if a company claims to have 20 trucks, and only report 500,000 miles for the reporting period, the red flags will come out, and someone will want to see their mileage records.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

porch monkey

Postby porch monkey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:11 pm

This is a scam operation, for sure! Don't ask me how I know, I just assure you that I do! :nono: :nono:

Return to “Open Community”