Moving from storage facility, Dallas to Seattle

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kskarb

Moving from storage facility, Dallas to Seattle

Postby kskarb » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 am

Brand-new here; sorry if I'm repeating other posts. My husband and I moved out of our 2-BR apt in Dallas and put most of our stuff in storage. After a few nomadic months, we're settling in Seattle and need to ship our things up north. A couple of questions:

- We're not able to return to Dallas to facilitate this move. (Not ideal, I know, but 100% not an option - this move is actually not the least stressful thing in our lives right now...) Any tips for getting quotes/selecting a company while out of state? I've spoken to our representative at our storage facility, and she is willing to work with companies to do surveys to help with quotes.

- Any recommendations company recommendations?

Thanks much for any ideas or help!

Big Dog

Re: Moving from storage facility, Dallas to Seattle

Postby Big Dog » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Contact any 2 or 3 of the major van lines to go to your stg unit & actually see what's being moved. Only then can they give you a "reasonable" estimate. You will probably only get an estimate & not a binding estimate because they can't actually see all the items. They can email you the estimates & you can get the process "moving". Pun intended. 8)
Big Dog
" If you think hiring a professional mover is expensive, try hiring an amateur"

John Adams

Re: Moving from storage facility, Dallas to Seattle

Postby John Adams » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:23 pm

What size storage unit are you in?
Do your homework then trust your instincts

Return to “Open Community”