American National Moving Co.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
bathmeister

American National Moving Co.

Postby bathmeister » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 am

Can anyone tell me anything, good or bad, about American National Moving Co; based in Vero Beach FL?
THanks

MusicMom

Re: American National Moving Co.

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:07 am

Well, the first and most important question is: Are YOU in Vero Beach, so they can come to your house to see everything to be moved BEFORE providing an estimate? If you're somewhere else, and they're offering you prices without seeing your things, it's a worthless estimate.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:14 am

Here's what I am finding:

When I google "American National Moving Co" I see a listing for them in Arlington, TX, not Vero Beach, FL. The address is 2404 HILLDALE BLVD, Arlington, TX-76016, 817-654-4537. Expanding the search to the entire word "company", I had no additional hits. I do see a Dallas-based company named American National Moving Systems.

I think before we can look into your company, we need to determine who you're dealing with. Can you please let me know what their phone number, or website, or email, or license number would be? Anything that you have can help me pinpoint the specific companies. There are a lot of movers and many of them have similar names, and often a rogue mover will choose either an overly generic name, an overly patriotic name, or a name using words similar to other big name companies (like Verizon Van Lines, for instance).

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:24 am

Do you think this might be them? This lists an address in Vero Beach.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/american-nation ... vero-beach

If that is them, did they happen to mention to you that they are ONLY licensed as a broker (and for only 9 months of the last year, too) and would be hiring a separate company that you have no say in to come and do the actual move, and once your stuff is loaded, ANVL's job is done and they won't talk to you anymore?

Oh, and in that year since they got their license, their carriers racked up multiple complaints with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration for changing prices and loss/damage?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 am

I'm suspecting this is your company, so I'm going to continue listing what I find.

The address on their DOT report, in Greenacres, FL, is a house. The address on their website, in Hallendale Beach, is a rental mailbox in a UPS store. The address on their FL incorporation record is an apartment in Miami Beach.

Oh, it appears they are not alone in that apartment on Euclid Ave. The most recent incorporation papers for ANVL lists the President as Kelli Delaney with an email address of "[email protected]". While that website is not yet up and running, there is a BBB report for a moving company named Always Affordable (with Kelli listed), and there's a moving broker by the name of Always Affordable LLC, licensed June 25, 2014 with the MC#862427. The phone number on that license report traces back to Walter Alvarez, listed as the VP of ANVL. Walter is the sole person listed on Always Afforable's incorporation, listed as Manager, but at yet ANOTHER address, a house in Davie.

While the multiple addresses and company names and licenses don't necessarily indicate shady operation, this website has been around long enough to notice a pattern. A moving company does not usually rack up complaints right out of the gate unless their operators have worked for other scam movers and they've learned how to work that way. I'm going to see what else I can find about Kelli and Walter, who their tutors may have been prior to June 2013.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 am

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 am

AHA!

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kelli-Delaney/1998740111

Kelli Delaney, Sales Manager for Moving APT.

Moving APT is a broker in Miami Beach that has numerous complaints with the FMCSA. Using an address in a virtual office suite, they have more than 100 Yelp reviews, most of them horrible. Specifically, here's what you can expect from Kelli as a salesperson: http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid ... c6A0dguXaw

By the way, in case they tell you I'm just a competitor of theirs trying to steal your business when you call to cancel, I don't work in the moving industry at all.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello, I haven't been on here in a long time, but I see the same ole companies are pulling the SOS!!!
I just got an email from this Kelli guy saying he didn't know anything about my move and wants to talk to me to get this resolved.
It's such a joke, it's not even funny. He may be new to ANVL or he may not I don't know.
Just briefly, I was scammed by this company last August, I thought I hired them to move me, it was NEVER mentioned that they were a "broker", on moving day this scummie truck shows up with QRS in small letters on the door. My gut told me to turn them away, but I didn't. I went online and looked up Quality Relocation Services and found a nice reputable company, so I didn't worry. I didn't know that this QRS was riding on their coattails. They loaded up, demanded 1/3 on the amount agreed on, oh and I gave ANVL 1/3 deposit, so on delivery I should have owed another 1/3. After loading they told me I had "way more then I originally listed" I told them I actually have less because I sold my washer, dryer, refrig and lawn mover. My stuff was over a month later, I could never get anyone on the phone at ANVL or QRS, but once a foreign guy answered, he yelled at me, belittled me, called me a liar and cussed at me. He was horrible, I felt like after the fight with him, I'd never see my things again. My things did arrive by way of yet another moving company Triple 7 Movers. They demanded 3,000 in cash and refused to reweigh before and after unloading.
So, I was quoted on linear footage, them they were claiming I was over weight, so I have no idea what went on. I never got the late delivery fee they owed me (big surprise) Actually I have never received anything on this. EVERY piece of furniture was scratched or damaged in some way, most of the boxes were squished and obviously handled very roughly, I lost alot of my dinnerware, baking dishes, glasses. Also I am missing several items.
I just had to add this because I think it's funny that this Kelli guy or girl is acting all offending that I gave a bad review and wants me to retract it. Bitter, hell yeah I'm bitter!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:16 am

Even if you weren't bitter, you certainly have the right to honestly review the services they gave you. I'm sorry that happened.

Labonete1

AMERICAN NATIONAL MOVING pompano beach Fl

Postby Labonete1 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:02 pm

DONT use this supposed to be moving company at any cost. They will take your money and never deliver what they promised. We just got scammed by this people of over $3000 by these sweet talking scammers. We called this company (if it existed at all) thinking they were a real movers. We learned later that they were brokers looking for victims. They offered a good price and they required us to make a down payment before pick up at a designated date. NO movers will show up and when you complain, they’ll say they called for pick but lied about even making a call. We ended up using another moving company that picked up our stuff. American Moving Company will never give you a refund.
If YOU DONT WANT TO BE SCAMMED,
DO NOT USE AMERICAN MOVING COMPANY based in Florida.

Return to “Open Community”