item-based quote by OD moving

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Retired1

Re: item-based quote by OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am

Thanks for such a quick reply! I do have an itemized list and will be checking off each and every item when/if they indeed deliver. I admit to adding more and can really live with the $1000+ overage and I guess even the $500 for packing materials. The materials included in the cubic foot bid were tape and blankets. I had the boxes all packed and ready to go when they arrived. $40 for cardboard taped to my patio table was, I felt high, but at this point I'll pay the $1500 when they bring my stuff. I have already paid them 2800.00. I do have the drivers name and cell phone. I called him and he said to call the office as he was instructed to return to New York while in route to FL by 'the office'. I will call today and ask for 'Dave's' supervisor. I have had a bad feeling about this entire move and someday I will listen to my gutt feelings! I'm off to read all about the Move Rescue web site you suggested. Is it a good idea to let them know I am checking them out or should I keep that a secret? I have checked the BBB which says their name has just recently come to their attention and to check back at a later date.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 am

I'm sure the driver never was on the way to Florida to begin with.

I wouldn't let them know you're looking into them yet. They aren't past the Delivery Date yet. I would call them repeatedly from different phone numbers, as they may have caller ID.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Retired1

OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:00 am

Just an update:
My heart fell yesterday I called got their voice mail, sent emails to all the addresses on their web site and all came back as no longer valid!! I called later and reached 'Johnny' says he is the supv and gave me information my items are in route to me in Florida. Read through the web site you suggested but doesn't look like my entire mess mets the criteria they have set forward. Johnny gave me the number for the truck driver, called and we had a hard time understanding each other due to a language barrier, he said he would call back and as of yet I have not received said call. I can't believe what a mess I have gotten myself into!!
The web site is: http://odmoving.com/index.htm

I guess I just patiently.... wait ! :cry:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:58 am

I don't see any reason for the emails to be not working, maybe they're having server problems. I see the site myself, so it's working.

Registration for ODMoving.com wrote:Administrative Contact:
Malka, Asher ashermalka@hotmail.com
odtranportation
5911 Queens Blvd.
Suite 5P
Woodside, New York 11377
United States
7186515862 Fax --

Try that email.

Retired1

OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:47 pm

The email for all state that they no longer accept email with the exception of the david which stated that his email box is full. Wonder if they have just blocked ME from sending emails to them? Not sure only that I grow so weary of this entire episode! Called Freddy and went to his voice mail, oh what a surprise! :x
Thanks for the help all of you are giving me.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:35 pm

Create a Hotmail account and send it again. Then you'll know if they blocked you or not.

Retired1

OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:24 pm

They just called and said they would be here tomorrow or the next day at the latest. Cross your fingers! :o

Retired1

OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Now they say they will be here Saturday! I will keep you posted.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Keep a log of these calls. Note the date and time of each call, the name of the person calling, and what was said. You'll want to send this list with any complaint letters.

heretohelp

Postby heretohelp » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Music Mom and Retired1,

I don't want to start any rumors, but this (asher Malka) character who is listed as the owner is currently selling his moving truck on truckpaper.com. Its under medium duty/moving vans/ international/ 4300s. His reason for selling is leaving the moving business. Please make a note of this for your future movingscammers. Thanks.

Retired1

OD moving

Postby Retired1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:49 am

Found it there, oh great!! It's not the truck that picked up my household goods. I have logged all the names, telephone numbers they call me from and what was said. I am going to be optimistic as it will all be safe and sound here on Saturday. (Saying lots of prayers too!)

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:21 am

Thank, Help! At least that means one scammer went down.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 am

I would still alert moverescue.com as to what's happening, so that if they don't show up as promised you don't have to waste precious time starting from the beginning. In this case overkill might not be a bad thing.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:52 am

Retired1 - I just want you to be prepared if they don't show on Saturday and you're not able to get a hold of them. This is highly likely. My scammer told me everyday that it would be there the next day or the next day for about 6 weeks. I hope it doesn't happen to you, but if it does, be prepared. I would call them EVERYDAY, maybe twice a day to find out if they're still going to deliver on Saturday. Even then, they may not show up.

Good luck.
Farrah

heretohelp

Postby heretohelp » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:56 am

Retired1,

I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to post this for Musicmom and the other members so they can have this information available for future visitors. It did say that he was getting out of the long distance moving business, not leaving the business altogether. It just needs to be noted for future customers of OD that they will be brokering out all of their long distance moves to another carrier.

I hope everything goes well for you, and should anything go wrong, you can notify the police. Police in almost all areas won't do anything, if they show up, but they can make a report of the incident which can be used in the future if needed. Make a download of the page with his truck for sale and reason for selling. If you do need the police or choose to call them make sure you don't let the movers know you are calling the police. Just act as if you are getting something from the house, a scammer will not stick around if you threaten to call the police, but they might if the police show up suddenly without warning.

Again, Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. GOOD LUCK!

Return to “Open Community”