Suburban Relocation Systems: 4 Hostages in 10 Months

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
forJustice

Suburban Relocation Systems: 4 Hostages in 10 Months

Postby forJustice » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Suburban Relocation Systems has only 1 truck, but hold 4 hostages in the first 10 months of 2021, according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. There are 15 complains against this mover in recent 10 months via FMCSA.
https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/hhg/SearchDeta ... t%3DSearch

BigLeeCalif

Re: Suburban Relocation Systems: 4 Hostages in 10 Months

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 am

I hope you personally did not have any dealings with this company.

I dug a little deeper into the FMCSA database, and this company Suburban Relocations Systems LLC is their legal name dba as United Relocation Systems.

They have NO OPERATING AUTHORITY. Probably because it has been revoked.
Since Maryland is in the DMV [Delaware-Maryland-Virginia] area, they probably try to do under the table moves to and from, even though they legally are not permitted to do so.

Their safety record is appalling. 50% of the times their drivers were inspected, they were placed out of service, and that one truck was out of service 30% of the time.

They have no tractors or trailers, so that one truck is obviously a bobtail, or straight truck. For them to have 8 drivers, they must keep extras for when one or more are out of service.

Scammers, spammers, and their associates should all be locked up and held hostage until they repay all the people they screwed.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

forJustice

Postby forJustice » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:22 am

Hi. David:

Thank you for your insights! This rogue mover costs me over $16,000. I have to hire second mover and spend $4K to buy essentials. I had no belongings for 100 days.

Where did you find the information on "OPERATING AUTHORITY" and "safety record" (50% of the times their drivers were inspected)? It would be great if you could share the link. Thanks.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:47 am

When did you suffer your loss at the hands of this company?

Before you hire any company that claims to operate interstate or even locally, you can find out how they stand in the regulated world.

Here is the link to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, more commonly
referred to as the FMCSA.
https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx

To check a company you need their name, DOT or MC/MX numbers.

It will tell you how many power units and drivers they have, whether they have valid insurance and several other pertinent facts.
If you need further assistance you can email me at [email protected].
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

forJustice

Postby forJustice » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Thank you very much for your insights. It is shocking.

I double checked the status of Suburban Relocation Systems (another name "UNITED RELOCATION SOLUTIONS"). It is "Unauthorized" !!!

I hired this rogue mover in July 2021. It arrived late. In return for its fault, it held my belongings hostage. My family have to live without belongings for 100 days, sleeping on the floor and eating burgers. I have to spend over $17,000 for this nightmare (including $4000 to repurchase essentials, over $4000 to hired another mover, and $6000 for attorney fee).

I'll report to the government agencies and find out whether it is still operating illegally. I'll keep you informed.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:17 am

If you hired them in July of 2021 you are still within the period allowed by law to file a claim. I would start by doing that [even though you know the result]. That is so that if you decide to pursue this matter in court, you will have the proper paper trail and they will not be able to say you never filed a claim.
I have also heard of people contacting their local tv channels that have consumer reporters, who get involved and generally have pretty good results at bringing the culprits to the forefront of the court of public opinion.

Any legal action you take, remember to file it against Suburban Relocations Systems LLC and their dba as United Relocation Systems.

Good luck.
p.s. Get a good attorney who will take your case on a contingency fee, i.e. they get paid if you get paid. {they tend to work harder for you that way}

forJustice

Postby forJustice » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:33 pm

Thank you again for our advice.

I've filed claim with FMCSA.

I'll keep contacting local news reporters.

I have been planning small claims suit. I am still clarifying some issues:
A. The location: I may file small claims in my state (location of root cause), but the Bill of Lading says in mover' state (Maryland)

B. The damage: my expenses caused by hostage is about $14,000, but the bill of Lading only limit to $3000 ($30 per day of delay, 100 days in delay).

C. This bad mover may be close to bankruptcy, since it is not authorized by FMCSA and not accredited by BBB. I may not get any money if I win my case in court.

I'll do my best to hold this bad company accountable and stop hurting more people.

Return to “Open Community”