FL to MA move any recommendations

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
roger1

FL to MA move any recommendations

Postby roger1 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Moving in the next month from Fort Lauderdale to Topsfield, MA. Considering Allied, United, Atlas or Mayflower? Also want to transport car with DAS, Tn'T or Rob Bailey Auto Transport? Any experience with any of the above companies?

East Coast Mover

Re: FL to MA move any recommendations

Postby East Coast Mover » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:39 pm

Roger,

I'm also moving from Ft. Lauderdale (area) to Massachusetts, and my movers are coming on Tuesday. While I can't necessarily recommend them since they haven't moved me yet, I can tell you I signed with Suddath United out of Deerfield Beach. I was impressed with the in-house estimate (thorough), I received a Binding/Not to Exceed estimate (can't go higher, but could go lower if the weight is lower) and I actually visited their new facilities in DB. Its a good thing, especially in South Florida, when you can see an actual facility with a real office and real trucks.

This site is a great resource and I suggest you read as much as possible and ask questions. A lot of people here, like myself, are using a moving company for the first time and there are great, experienced people on here that can help you.

Good luck.

Mike

Diane

Re: FL to MA move any recommendations

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 am

roger1 wrote:Also want to transport car with DAS, Tn'T or Rob Bailey Auto Transport? Any experience with any of the above companies?

Roger, all three of these companies are reviewed on our Auto Transporters sticky at the top of the messageboard. In view of how DAS is (not) performing these days, I think I'd advise you to go with Tn'T or Bailey. With Bailey, at least you could visit the facility, as Mike says, and meet the folks involved.

Return to “Open Community”