moving from New York City to Florida

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: moving from New York City to Florida

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:58 pm

I think it's OK. Here is a post by someone who was assigned to another Atlas agent (Kaster in CT) at the last minute. She was pretty upset about it, but I think it's OK because University is very motivated to keep their 100% positive rating on this website. http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5763

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:01 pm

I am also moving from long island to pensacola florida ----the panhandle of florida. I had gotten estimates from about 8 companies and they all based the estimate on cubic feet, although they do claim weight and cu ft go together. Most of the estimates per cubic foot were competitive being between $2.50 - $3.35, with Shleppers being the hightest at $3.75. I called Shleppers back and asked if they would be able to come down a little on their price and they told me because of the Tariff, they couldn't and any company that comes down in price is going against the law.

Upon reading this site, i read an article stating that Shleppers wouldn't be the best mover for long distance anyway.

Has anyone heard of 212 Moving based in new york or Active Moving, based in pensacola but they do have a ny website, www.wemoveny.com and First American Moving Company.

I would appreciate any feed back. I am mostly moving boxes. The only furniture i will be moving is a sofabed, and loveseat and 2 end tables and coffee table. Thanks .......HELP!!!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:50 pm

Cannot find a license for 212 moving.

Active Moving is licensed in NYC, run out of an apartment. Not a good sign for a long-distance move.

First American does not have anything overtly scary about them that I see, but I only did a quick glance, and my memory has been failing me with names lately. To be sure, you should Google "First American Moving" and see if any complaints pop up. Actually, this is a good suggestion with any mover you think of.

Return to “Open Community”