Requesting feedback on situation with Movex

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ON2U

Re: Requesting feedback on situation with Movex

Postby ON2U » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Diane. How long have you been working for Broadway Express?

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 pm

ON2U wrote:Diane. How long have you been working for Broadway Express?

Are you retarded? And I mean that in the most politically correct way possible. But seriously...ARE you retarded?

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 pm

ON2U,

Diane doesn't work for Broadway Express. There is a Diana that works for BE but they're not the same person.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Smart4

Postby Smart4 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:27 pm

We are having HUGE problems with Movex. We moved from California to Oregon in January. Movex promised to include a bulkhead, blocking off our items completely from the space we didn't use. They never did. When our truck arrived, we were shocked to see load lock bars damaging our furniture, with no bulkhead at all. Our entire life belongings were exposed to whomever loaded and unloaded the extra space. We've calculated almost $5,000 in damages to our belongings, and 2 months later, they're trying to refund the cost of our move ($1,691) with no concern for our damage, even though they clearly accepted blame to us for the bulkhead not being in place. We're trying to find ways to report them to every agency we can and will not stop until we've had out belongings repaired or replaced. If anyone has any advice for us, please let me know ASAP! Thanks!

We're SO upset with them that we're starting a campaign against them at http://www.NOMOVEX.com and will do all we can to make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

So, Mr. Sudath, do we get a personal reply from you? I hope you're willing to cover our fair and reasonable repair or replacement request.

Smart4

Postby Smart4 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:14 pm

Follow-up to prior post:

After properly filing my claim with Movex, they went above and beyond what I expected and have completely rectified the situation. I was upset when I made the above posting that portrayed Movex in such a negative light. You can use them with the confidence that, while not perfect, they will do what is right.

Postby 23 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:27 pm

Yeah,

But look at all you had to do to threaten them before they finally came through and made you whole! What if you would have rolled over and took it? I can imagine what that outcome would have been.

It must have been www.nomovex.com that shook things up for you.

Glad to hear you are now satisfied. Future customers with problems with Movex, follow Smarts' tips above!

Postby Guest » Thu May 25, 2006 8:48 pm

Are you happy with your mover MOvex or Things did not go right? I am currently looking for a good mover for Mid June move and anybody who can give me good references for a reasonably priced mover from Atlanta GA to Richmond California, I would really appreciate.

Anila

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 am

Anila, find a recent post by Diane and click on the link in her signature line. She keeps a list of well-reviewsed movers in all states, and you are sure to find a good list of names to call for in-home estimates.

Movex is a broker for Freight companies like BE and ABF. These are not full-service moving companies, you do the packing and the loading, they driver the trailer, and you do the unloading and unpacking. If this is OK with you, then please call BE or ABF directly,as tehre is really no need to get anyone else invovled. However, if you need a full-service mover, one that will do the loading and unloading, and possibly even packing, you need to look on Diane's list.

grow up

Postby grow up » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:54 pm

Smart4 wrote:Follow-up to prior post:

After properly filing my claim with Movex, they went above and beyond what I expected and have completely rectified the situation. I was upset when I made the above posting that portrayed Movex in such a negative light. You can use them with the confidence that, while not perfect, they will do what is right.

Perfect example of the credibiity of most of the whining going on on this sight.
this person flew off the handle half cocked completely prepared to trash a bussiness and then after a little time and patience prevailed had to retract it all.
I wonder what lesson could be learned here?
Hhhmm. . ..

Return to “Open Community”