Report on my move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
laurent

Report on my move

Postby laurent » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:48 am

A couple of weeks ago I went to this website to ask advise on a local move in San Francisco. About 4000lbs. I got a quote from Bekins and one from Ace Worldwide (part of Atlas). I hired this later company, the estimate was far below the one from Bekins.

The movers arrived this morning. First and only problem, I hired 3 men and only 2 showed up. They were very upset that the company didn't send a third man because they saw that the work would be quite exhausting with 2 stories of stairs on both places. They were very nice and professional with me. The whole move went very well. Nothing broke, nothing was lost, nothing was stolen. They went beyond what I expected. They wrapped everything furniture very carefully. They did the job in just 15 minutes less than the estimate. I gracefully agreed to pay the estimated price since they did an awesome job. I gave them $100 as a tip. I know that my estimated price was also a non to exceed price but I think that these guys really worked hard and deserved my generosit. I will definitely hire them again for my next move.

My last move was with a small company that broke most of my stuff. This move was successful and amazingly quick.

So kudos for Ace Worldwide Milpitas.

MusicMom

Re: Report on my move

Postby MusicMom » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:55 am

Thank you for the update, and I'm sure your crew thanks you for your generosity!

Postby 23 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:23 am

Since this was a local move and you mentioned the move taking 15 minutes less than the estimate, I assume you were billed hourly.

If you only had two men instead of three, your hourly rate should have been about $35 less than your quote. But you said you still paid the estimated price. I am concerned that you got ripped off and paid a higher price than you should have.

laurent

Postby laurent » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:35 am

I got an estimate for 2 men, only later I asked for a third man. So I paid what was estimated with 2 men.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:48 am

For those who want some background on this move, here is "laurent's" prior thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7201 The companies he considered were Ace Worldwide (Milpitas), "Bekins" (maybe Tri-Valley Bekins--he doesn't say which agent), Delancey Street, and Careful Movers.

Return to “Open Community”