Berman Moving and Storage Review for OH to CA move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mm44280

Berman Moving and Storage Review for OH to CA move

Postby mm44280 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:53 pm

I had a great experience with Berman.

1) Got a quick in house estimate that was guaranteed not to exceed. Was also told that any materials/services not used will be credited back to my card.

2) Pick up guys were on time. They were quick, polite, and professional.

3) They gave me a window for delivery per their policy, but did everything they could to get it to me within the first part of the week scheduled. (And they did).

4) I was given the driver's cell phone number to confirm delivery date and time. No guessing involved.

5) During my drive out to CA their customer service was vey friendly and polite and called me back promptly with answers to my questions.

6) Driver was dead on time on the delivery date he gave me. They helped reassemble some furniture. Upon unpacking I found NOTHING was broken or damaged. Even some of the more fragile/flimsy items.

7) I did not need use of the destination shuttle and the charge for that service was very promptly credited to my Mastercard.

There's not much more I can say....with all the stress of moving across the country and trying to organize all the other little things these guys made the actual moving of my belongings a nice, smooth, headache free process. They were professional and very organized from the pick up, the customer service, down to the driver and delivery.

If you are in Ohio and looking for a mover I HIGHLY recommend Berman Moving and Storage. Thank you guys!

Diane

Re: Berman Moving and Storage Review for OH to CA move

Postby Diane » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Thanks so much for posting this. I think several people posted that they were moving with Berman and as far as I know all were pleased. If you see this, was your driver from United Van Lines?

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:18 am

Diane wrote:Thanks so much for posting this. I think several people posted that they were moving with Berman and as far as I know all were pleased. If you see this, was your driver from United Van Lines?

Actually, the driver and the truck were from Mayflower. I found that odd, but they had all the paperwork in great order and had me carefully check off boxes/items as they came in. Also, Mayflower being a well known company and the service I had received I wasn't too bothered. I don't know how this stuff works, but does United have some deal with Mayflower?

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:58 am

Yes, United and Mayflower are both owned by UniGroup in Fenton, MO. Michael explained a while back why moves booked by one van line sometimes have drivers from the other van line:
What we use during the summer months is what we call an Alliance Program. What that means is if a Mayflower agent registers a shipment and is unable to get a Mayflower driver under it, then they will get a United Driver. And vice-a-versa. This gives us as a company during the summer time better capability to pick you up directly and get you to your destination, as opposed to picking you up locally and taking you to a warehouse and sitting you there until a driver can be assigned.

Paperwork, isnt going to change anything. It still is managed and maintianed under Mayflower and the local agent you signed with. It just happens to be a United driver.

United and Mayflower both use the exact same tariff and pricing guidelines. - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 0536#10536

Customers actually benefit from allianced moves because they are less likely to have a delay--each van line's capacity is increased. Drivers for both United and Mayflower are usually good. Usually.

Guest - mm44280

Postby Guest - mm44280 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:01 pm

Either way, it was a great, stress free (as stress free as it can be) move.

I just got the United Van Lines satisfaction survey for Berman, usually I would throw these out but if it's any indication, I'm going to take the time to fill this one out so Berman gets the recognition they deserve.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:21 pm

I'm going to take the time to fill this one out so Berman gets the recognition they deserve
I'm sure this will be appreciated by both United and by Berman.

Return to “Open Community”