WHAT DO YOU THINK OF FedEx Passport Auto Transport?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
TheSpaniard

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF FedEx Passport Auto Transport?

Postby TheSpaniard » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:28 am

Can You provide feedback on FedEx Custom Critical Passport Auto Transport? I want to ship two cars from Orange County, California to Denver Metro area, Colorado. I am interested in enclosed shipment

I am also wondering what the best rated movers are for our furniture

How long will these scenarios take?

Diane

Re: WHAT TO YOU THINK OF FedEx Passport Auto Transport?

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:42 am

Someone posted in January 2006 that he was going to use FedEx to ship an auto - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 1322#51322 He never came back to report but since he is registered here, you could send him a Private Message to ask how it went.

Delivery times for autos can vary widely. I suggest that you read our Auto Transporters thread on the sticky at the top of the messageboard to get a sense of what can happen with the various companies.

For moving your household goods, click on the link below my signature, read the first post, and scroll down to "California (Los Angeles)" and "California (Southern)" to see what has been said here about movers in your area.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:30 pm

Passport is a 35 year old carrier that caters to classic car enthusiast. They were sold to FedEx in 2000 and since then their fleet has grown about 25%. They are very good, very exclusive but also much more expensive than traditional car carrier operations because they only use enclosed trailers. Transit time for two vehicles should be 3-8 days but, like the price, would be dependant on when you are moving.

aznaphrodite

Postby aznaphrodite » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:46 pm

Hope it's okay that I revive an old thread.

I was wondering if anyone has used Fedex Transport. I tried searching through the Auto Transport Reviews but it seems like it's mostly mentioned but no one has used.

Thanks in advance!
Rebecca
Los Angeles to Dallas

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Not much has changed since last June, Rebecca. Passport is still a very good, very exclusive vehicle transportation provider. You probably won’t find a lot of reviews here because they’re generally much more expensive than most of the car carrier operations supported by this site. They only use enclosed trailers and their equipment is well maintained and their drivers well trained. The company’s out of service rates for both is below the national average.

You’ll find reviews from several people who purportedly have used them at http://www.transportreviews.com/company ... nsport.asp

gatorinmn

Postby gatorinmn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:31 pm

Sorry to be adding to an old thread, but thought I'd chime in on this. We shipped a car using Fed Ex Custom Critical Auto Transport in September when we moved from FL to MN. The car arrived a day later than expected, and we had to fight a little bit with the driver about the delivery time and location. Nevertheless, the car arrived unscathed. They were expensive, but ultimately worth it.

Return to “Open Community”