Georgia Pack and Load

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mypaperanchor

Re: Georgia Pack and Load

Postby mypaperanchor » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:10 pm

WhoDat- GaPandL told me they will load drive same day and unload. so i'm assuming that's 3 day turnaround at most.

i have the Lindsay people coming in on Wed to do an estimate.
The Berger people had an appointment for thursday but want to change it.
I also set up an appointment for monday with Classic City Moving which has a satisfactory rating with the BBB and is a United Agent.

bigmove

Postby bigmove » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Thank you for the update, and please let us know what happens after the estimates. I am interested in this one, because I am familier with some of these companies. I think you picked three good companies to get estimates from.

bigmove

Postby bigmove » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:40 pm

If one of the three estimates cancel, give Crown- North American a shot.

whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:30 am

MyPaperAnchor - Keep us posted on your move, like it has been said bigger is not always better.
Do Unto Others, As You Would Have Others Do Unto You!

bigmove

Postby bigmove » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 pm

MyPaperAnchor - Keep us posted on your move, like it has been said bigger is not always better.

Alright whodat1b I'll agree with you on this. But bigger is better the majority of the time.

whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 am

That's one good this about this place, we all can agree to disagree! But as long as the shipper is covered (good smooth move) all is well. So in a nutshell if they use Georgia Pack and Load or one of the other guys. It's all good.

But on a different note I did speak with Ralph (the owner) they do have more than 3 trucks the correct number is 6.

BigMove - thanks for the knowledge that you and everyone else brings to this forum. I think we can agree on that - we cool? Cool.

mypaperanchor

Postby mypaperanchor » Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 am

HI!

I am now sitting in my new apartment in Chicago after a very smooth and successful move! I really want to first thank all of the information I got here at movingscam.com. It really did make this somewhat terrifying process much easier.

In the end I went with Mayflower Moving. They were the nicest and coincidently lease expensive of the three estimates I got.

On moving day in Athens, the movers called before they got there and let us know exactly when they would be coming. When they go there they were all nice and very helpful. At one point the man doing the listing and labeling of all my things helped me uninstall my security alarm. They were also very fast.

Then I was given a time line of when my furniture would be delivered. It was delivered much sooner than I expected of feared.

The interesting thing was, that when the movers on the Chicago end got here they were from Amrstrong Relocation. A subsidiary of United. I didn't really understand that my move would be with two different companies and had it not been so smooth with absolutely no issues I might have called Mayflower about it. As it turns out though the Armstrong guys were even better than the Mayflower guys. Something I didn't think could happen.

They were very nice professional and also quick. They helped me do a few little things around the house. They helped me move my pinball machine into my brothers car and in general were pleasant to be around. They kept giving me little tidbits about what to do around the city.

So all in all I had a great experience. Not one thing was broken or went missing. If I ever move again, I will definitely use one of those two companies!

Thank you all here on this board for having this board. You have no idea how much it helps!

Lo

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 am

Which mayflower agent did you go with in Georgia?

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue May 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Probably Lindsey, as he is the only MF in Athens, and Duke Lindsey is the owner/preceeded by his retired old man, Dewey, two honorable and fun guys....both of them are friends of mine.
United and Mayflower trucks, helpers, agents all overlap to give much more of a service cushion, the reason the delivery guys were Armstrong United is that either they were the destination agent, or perhaps it was on their truck, which is perfectly normal, and the way the van line systems works, trucks going in a particular direction are given tonnage going that way...very efficient, when done properly. If I had the shippers last name or reference number, I could confirm that.

whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Wed May 21, 2008 5:55 am

Glad to hear all went well for ya!

Return to “Open Community”