Horrible American Knights (us-1 Vanlines) move....is this your box???

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
shinerbockrocks

Horrible American Knights (us-1 Vanlines) move....is this your box???

Postby shinerbockrocks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Okay, so this is a total shot in the dark, but I can't just give up on this...I moved from Houston, TX to Anaheim, CA late December 2007, early January 2008...and of course I had the same experience as most on here.

Long story short, and I think we all know the story...American Knights scammed me into paying them more money, and of course LOST some of my things. The claims dept. has not been helpful at all, I left all my info with them, and they were going to email me some forms. That was over 2 weeks ago, and now when I call apparently they are always 'out of the office'. It really sucks, as the items that were lost were large retro/mod artwork that cannot be replaced. But, I learned one thing, next time I move cross country it will not be with this company...

The reason for this post, however, is that when the dust/rage settled from the movers scamming me out of cash, and I started unpacking, I realized I had gotten someone else's box (only after I had opened it....d'oh). I have tried desperately to get info from A-Knights on how to ship it back to them (so they can ship it to the correct person)...but I cannot seem to get through to them, and my messages have been unreturned. Part of me feels like it would just go to them, and sit in their warehouse full of mountains of unclaimed/lost boxes anyway.

So this is my shot in the dark. Did you lose a box during your move? From what I can tell, this box contained some cds, LOTS of photos, and some other items....luckily the cds seem to be marked with initials on each one, so if you think it was yours, contact me. I can't just throw it out, as someone's memories are wrapped up in this box! I remember the movers mentioning something about having just come from AZ, and they were going to San Diego when they were done with mine...

If you are on myspace, you can find me under the same username...

farrah7031

Re: Horrible American Knights (us-1 Vanlines) move....is this your box???

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Just a side note, you can contact their insurance company directly:

ADRIATIC INSURANCE COMPANY
Address: 3501 N. CAUSEWAY BLVD.
METAIRIE, LA US 70002
Telephone: (800) 535 - 7291
Fax: (504) 832 - 0605
Policy/Surety#MC6001-240

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

You'll only get $.60/pound, but it might be better than nothing.

shinerbockrocks

Postby shinerbockrocks » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks for the insurance company info, that is greatly appreciated!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Most definitely - let us know if we can be of further help and let us know how it goes for you.

IMP

Postby IMP » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:46 am

Shiner, we miss you in Houston already. Wish I had known you were moving, I've been known to show up when a MS "friend" is loading out of my area just to check out the movers and poke around asking questions. That's really nice of you to post that you have someone's memories - I hope you are able to get your things and those items back to the right owner. Wish there was a website online for posting moving "lost & found".
There are still good people who move good people.

kimberlymarie

Postby kimberlymarie » Tue May 27, 2008 2:01 pm

I have had almost the exact situation and they managed to destroy 3/4 of my belongings. I moved from Houston, TX to Massachusetts in late December. The claims company is worthless. So far they have made me three offers. $105,$225, and $400. I have asked for the Insurance Info which no one would give me, so this was helpful. When I called them, they were unaware of this situation. I had an estimate done on the piano damage alone which was $4500. The movers where quite negligent in moving my belongings and are required to use due care. There response was no problem, 90 days, we have insurance. At .60 a pound it does not make a dent. I have visited other websites with the exact same complaints. I have posted complaints with the BBB and DOT.

Return to “Report A Scam”