Moving Scam---Need help!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
jimmyjames

Moving Scam---Need help!

Postby jimmyjames » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 pm

We used First Call movers based out of Florida for our move from Colorado to Florida. They subcontracted it out to Quality Relocation Services who are based out of Colorado. They showed up 4 hours late and then increased the original First Call estimate by about $300. Ok, I can live with that since it was just an over the phone estimate. Well, we signed a binding contract, paid for over half of it and were on our way last week. At the end of last week, as we were just driving into Florida, they called and said that the estimate was off and that we would have to pay another $300+ in order just to get our stuff. We told them no and that we had a binding contract with them and they said they were just going to put our stuff in storage until we paid and are holding it hostage. The first delivery date was to be 4/1/13 with the no later then date of 4/10/13. I know it's not the tenth yet but they made it clear that we aren't getting our stuff and now they won't answer or return any of our phones call. Either company because we tried to get First Call involved too. Not sure what I should do at this point or when I should file complaints. Any help please?

Movinghelper

Re: Moving Scam---Need help!

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Wow! Quality Relocation out of Colorado has 7 complaints and it is only the beginning of April.
Name : QUALITY RELOCATION SERVICES INC
USDOT Number : 1500556
MC # : 563640
Address : 5800 E 58TH AVE UNIT E
COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (855)384-3777
Fax : (720) 287-4284

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Not Rated
Review Date :
Most recent Safety Rating Data
Licensing & Insurance Status : Registered
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 6
Number of Tractors : 7
Number of Trailers : 9

File a complaint tonight so it is in their database. Even though it is the weekend contact MoveRescue.com also they may be able to assist you in this. Since you have a binding contract they should not charge you any more.
I also sent you a PM so get back with me on that.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 am

I have not heard from you on this, I hope all is OK now.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 am

If you haven't yet, contact the DOT complaints hotline: 1-800-DOT-SAFT. For every day they hold your goods hostage they are liable for a $10,000 per day fine. They should deliver for what is stated on your estimate.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am

By the way, Quality Relocation Services is the same company as "Moving Connection, Inc", and both are listed in Florida.

Avital Bendoim (a woman) is the listed name, however other records and customer stories say a man going by Mike Bendoim has been in charge. Mike's previous experience in FL was running a gas station, and past complaints here show he also ran Atlantis Van Lines and Midwest Van Lines. Facebook shows Avital living in Denver and Mike in Overland Park, KS (a few scammers have been located there over the years), so I guess they're using relatives' addresses for documentation. Dad Yaakov registered We Care Vanlines this past January (after being a plumber before). Frankly, this could be a case of relatives' names being put down while a silent person really runs the show. We'll have to determine if this is true, and if so, who's really in charge.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 am

By the way, We Care Vanlines is using the same (720) 237-0877 number as Midwest Van Lines. I'd say we need to watch out for this reincarnation.

DOT#2372043, no MC license as of this date.

EDITED:
Yep, they're opening up a new office. Mike is still in charge.
moving company looking for experience sales personal$$$$$$$*********** (pembroke park fl)

moving company looking for experience sales personal with good motivation approach.

must have exp in GRANOT software.

PLS CALL ILAY @(954)274-2219
OR MIKE @(720)237-0877
Compensation: PLEASE CALL ILAY 954-274-2219 OR MIKE 720-237-0877
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Posting ID: 3718208644 Posted: 2013-04-02, 11:01AM EDT Edited: 2013-04-02, 11:01AM EDT
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/sls/3718208644.html

Should be noted that Ilay previously worked for Nobel Van Lines of FL, looks to have been a foreman at that time.

Also note that continued searched on this phone number show that Mike tends to find his local drivers through online ads. Have a truck? You're hired. No license needed. Ads found in Framingham Ma and Seattle WA.

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Thank you so much for the replies! I totally forgot I made this post here because I was trying to find other avenues to get my stuff back and going to thrift stores just to get things to survive on since they have everything I own. I appreciate the input very much and will call DOT tomorrow. Also, they have my motorcycle which was going to be my primary means of transportation down here so that my wife could have the car for work. Should I report it stolen to the local police? I promise to check back here frequently this time! The agent who picked up our stuff in Colorado Springs is Jeff, unk last. The manager that we have been dealing with is Carlos Delgado.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am

It's not stolen until everything is delivered and it's still missing. Right now it's still considered in their possession.

Technically, the movers have 30 business days from the first date of delivery (which you note as April 1). They're just giving you really really bad service right now.

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am

MusicMom wrote:It's not stolen until everything is delivered and it's still missing. Right now it's still considered in their possession.

Technically, the movers have 30 business days from the first date of delivery (which you note as April 1). They're just giving you really really bad service right now.

So frustrating! I guess I have to patient for awhile still. I'm going to file an initial complaint with FMCSA for the other violations to hopefully get them to cooperate.

silentsacrament

Postby silentsacrament » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

I just wanna say that I am soooooooooo glad I found this thread...you are not alone my friend! This company has scammed me too! They picked up my stuff the 25th of feb, and I STILL dont have my stuff...QRS screens my calls, wont let me talk to a supervisor and I have already contacted the DOT, BBB and the Attorney General...literally no one gives a shit! The dispatcher called me today and of course gave me the run around and told me I should see my stuff in another 4-5 days...yea right we will see. I still am trying to find out where to make a claim! If you want numbers of the dispatcher let me know! All I can think of doing...its so shitty that they have taken our money and RAN, maybe if they understood or cared about the sentimental value of our things or the fact that I am 7 months pregnant and have my sons medical supplies in there...you think they would try to fix this

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:46 am

Silent, if you haven't yet, you should contact MoveRescue (dot com). It's a free service to connect you with transportation lawyers (who unfortunately aren't free) who may be able to help.

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

silentsacrament wrote:I just wanna say that I am soooooooooo glad I found this thread...you are not alone my friend! This company has scammed me too! They picked up my stuff the 25th of feb, and I STILL dont have my stuff...QRS screens my calls, wont let me talk to a supervisor and I have already contacted the DOT, BBB and the Attorney General...literally no one gives a shit! The dispatcher called me today and of course gave me the run around and told me I should see my stuff in another 4-5 days...yea right we will see. I still am trying to find out where to make a claim! If you want numbers of the dispatcher let me know! All I can think of doing...its so shitty that they have taken our money and RAN, maybe if they understood or cared about the sentimental value of our things or the fact that I am 7 months pregnant and have my sons medical supplies in there...you think they would try to fix this

That's terrible and exactly how I feel. I filed my complaint today but it seems like nothing will happen. I would love to have a laywer but they cost money I just don't have.

silentsacrament

Postby silentsacrament » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 am

Welp, the dispatcher and the driver said that they would call me yesterday for the 24hr in advance before delivery...that never happened and his mailbox is full...maybe by some miracle the driver will at least call me today...he was on his way up here from vegas THURSDAY and promised hed be here today...I hear ya Jimmy! I wish i had the money for one too! Unfortunately this has drained me of every last penny I have.

InTheLurch

Postby InTheLurch » Sat May 11, 2013 1:30 pm

What came of this, silentsacrament? This is very typical of the companies that operate right on the edge of the law. They'll lie to you, lead you on, ramp up prices -- but they won't quite do anything the FMCSA will let you report. It's immensely frustrating for consumers, and it hurts other carriers (they're stealing business on false pretenses and hurting the industry's reputation) but no one seems to know what to do about it.

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » Tue May 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Quick update. QRS still refuses to return my phone calls. I even made it known that I was officially requesting arbitration and they ignored that too. No progress made whatsoever and its now been two months. I've already filed my complaint, which did nothing, and contacted Move Rescue, which hasn't done much either.

Return to “Report A Scam”