Moving Scam---Need help!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
maceliminator

Re: Moving Scam---Need help!

Postby maceliminator » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 am

I am quite new to this whole process, but LOVE that Musicmom and Movinghelper do this research to see who is running the show, etc. What really helped me in my situation was that I was able to link one of the principals of the company that scammed us to some pretty notorious bad guys...and she did not like that. It made her willing to negotiate, and it also made her careless. It was a long process, which we undertook after business hours (when we couldn't file complaints, etc.) and meant reading through all these complaint threads and connecting the dots. How you do your searches on Google, Yahoo, etc., really matters. I, myself, had better luck on Google. Once I had a target name (for us, Pauline Tomich...she made herself a target by her gloating, "there's nothing you can do about it" attitude), we started searching for specific, previous complaints about her in the past. We found plenty concerning her involvement with [well known South Florida Moving Broker], the company that the senate report really focused on. We did searches with her name followed by complaints, lawsuits, scams, moving, [Owner of Well Known South Florida Moving Broker], etc., until we figured we exhausted any possible information out there. Informing yourself on WHO is scamming you...not the company, but the people...is a very important thing I think.
Dude...it's a no brainer! Do the RIGHT thing!

AMCDenver

Postby AMCDenver » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi, all-
Reading this thread made my stomach turn. I'm in the middle of the exact same predicament. Booked through First Call movers who are now working under the alias "Home Team Movers." Lies about delivery, bait and switch/predatory pricing, etc. I've left 15 or so voicemails (all unreturned) and sent 5 emails and not received a response.

I see this thread hasn't been updated in a while, so I hate to open old wounds, but does anyone have any updates or advice on how to deal with QRS? After reading through complaints on BBB and FMSCA, it seems like I have no recourse whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Have you filed a complaint yet with the FMCSA. Also please email me privately on where you moved from and too if you do not want to post it here.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Send them a certified letter, return receipt requested, putting your arbitration request in writing.

Return to “Report A Scam”