United National Moving Md - Please Help US!!!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
jojoereed

United National Moving Md - Please Help US!!!

Postby jojoereed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Our family has nothing because of Sergei and United National Moving from Maryland. We were given a binding estimate of $12875. I paid 25% up front to confirm the dates. They showed up late on the pack day and worked until past 1am. The police were called because the men made so much noise. Then the truck broke down. My husband was gone until 5am driving them to their hotel. The next day the never showed up for the move. We had to move our settlement. Since we were late, they knew we needed our things out. I had to pick up my children. I was forced to sign a new bill of lading which increase the cost to over $21,000! I paid $9030 for over $12,200 total. I asked for the weight. They never provided and took the signed documents never leaving me a copy.I signed every page "disputed".

They charged me money to guarantee my move in date 8/20. They never showed. They never called until 8/20 when someone named Monsoor called in broken english to tell me he would arrive Tues 9/3. He said it would be "big money". They never showed so I hired a lawyer. They have not responded to the lawyers demand for a delivery date or a weight or remediation for their late pickup and delivery.

Today Monsoor called. He wants $9338 CASH on Friday Night. I told him no cash and no night time delivery. I will pay 100% of the binding estimate which is $617 more. He said he would call Sergei. Sergei called my attorney and said they would not deliver my items until I agreed to pay.

I reported them to the BBB and to the DOT but they both say it could take another month to fix the problem. In the meanwhile I am suffering with the feeling of loss and anger because these people don't care about our lives, only about extorting money for the precious things that we have worked so hard to own.

MusicMom

Re: United National Moving Md - Please Help US!!!

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:35 am

I'm really sorry you're in this situation, but you're doing everything right. What you need to focus on right now is finding out where your items are. If you know that, then you can contact the mini-storage where the shipment is and make sure the rent is being paid so it's not treated as abandoned.

Can I ask, does your lawyer have experience with transportation law? You really need someone who knows how to prod in specific ways. If you contact www.moverescue.com they set you up with lawyers who do this all the time. They can help get the info you need, maybe get the UNM to release your goods to another mover and at least get it delivered, then you can deal with seeking refunds.

I'm going to send you a private message to talk more.

jojoereed

Postby jojoereed » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 pm

This is company based out of Md. I had to get the Enforcement Division of the Texas DMV and the local Police involved. My items were officially classified as a "Hostage Load". They tried to extort money and threatened my family. THey destroyed over half of my possessions. After the police and the DMV Officer left the one person they sent had no men to unload. He hired unskilled workers from Craig's List. My wedding ring were stolen from a locked cabinet that was broken. Sergei the owner threaten to make false statements to destroy my husbands professional license if we continued. He also claimed we had items that did not belong to us and threatened to come to our home. We have young children. We live in fear of these horrible criminals.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:37 am

I'm glad you got your belongings, but I'm very sorry you had so much damage. Please keep us posted if there's ever a resolution to this. Ask for the claim forms, but if they stall or ignore you, I'll look up the insurance company's direct contact for you.

I know this is of little comfort, but you don't have to worry about them coming after you. Once they've delivered your things, you're of little interest. They hope that threats will keep you from complaining. There is no lawsuit they could file for defamation, trying to besmirch your husband's business will be worthless because I doubt Sergei can write an intelligent thought enough to sound like an actual customer, and no local guy would risk any bodily harm for someone in MD unless Sergei pays money which he wouldn't do because they're cheap criminals.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Keep track of all of your information and all of the occurrences.
Formally write a letter to Senator Ted Cruz of Texas about your situation and experience.
He is on the Senate Commerce Science and Transportation Committee. Copy the Minority leader and the Majority leader.
http://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/

Keep the pressure on them to resolve these criminals operating.

With the House of Representatives

http://transportation.house.gov/subcomm ... nd-transit

Copy the Majority Leader of the committee and the Minority Leader of the Committee along with any representatives form the state you moved from and the one you moved to. Also the representative in which district they are operating out of.

Also send a letter addressed to Honorable Anne S. Ferro, Administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. She was the one heading up Maryland Department until she took the federal position.

All of these operation should have been prosecuted using 18 USC Chapter 96 - RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS
RICO Statute for short. It appears we have all of the same bad players taking advantage of the citizens of this country and when they are caught, they flee the country, This has to stop but no-one has the balls to do it.

Name : UNITED NATIONAL MOVING & STORAGE
Legal Name JBR UNDERGROUND LLC
THey also are using "Move it Now of MD as another business.
USDOT Number : 1806018
MC # : 656479
Address : 1585 SULPHUR SPRING RD SUITE 106
ARBUTUS, MD 21227
Mailing Address : 1585 SULPHUR SPRING RD
ARBUTUS, MD 21227
Telephone : (888)443-7997
Fax : (443) 575-6732
Business Management
Principal: Mr. James B. Rucker Jr. (President)
Mr. Serghei Verlan (Co-Owner)
- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/bus ... 9U88x.dpuf

Do a good search on them and the phone numbers and counter all of the probably fake reviews out there on the web..

Also read the following:
http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-b ... 37909.html
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:20 am

In addition, here's the address and Registered Agent listed with the Maryland Department of Taxation:

Principal Office (Current):
1303 WILLCREST RD
APT. B
GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061
Resident Agent (Current):
AUDREY SHUKLIN
1303 HILLCREST RD
APT B
GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061

jojoereed

Postby jojoereed » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 pm

This company will not quit. They post on yelp as different people but it is just employees. They posted bad reviews about every doctor and dentist with my husband's last name just to threaten us. The refused to give information to the insurance company that we paid for to insure all the things they damaged. The DOT investigator told me they are a group of Moldavians that think they can outsmart Americans and flee back to their country when threatened with prison. I just wish I had known!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:25 am

Think about it this way: If they have that much time on their hands, they're not getting much work. :^)

bcrfulwhouhire

Postby bcrfulwhouhire » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:39 pm

In the middle of a move with this company. They already have half my money due and my stuff is now 1 month in their hands(2 weeks late). According to recent interaction I should have delivery in a couple days (fingers crossed). I'm just ready to put these folks behind me and move on. I could list my issues with them but will save it for anyone interested can PM me. Wish me luck.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:22 am

When everything's done, please come back and tell us everything that happened. Even if they make you sign some not-legally-binding promise to never file a complaint.

You should go to www.protectyourmove.gov and do some reading up on your rights and responsibilities. An informed customer is more ready to fight back.

Return to “Report A Scam”