American National Van Lines/ QRS

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
SteffM

American National Van Lines/ QRS

Postby SteffM » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 pm

I got a quote for my move from Kansas City to Las Vegas from this company. What showed up was QRS, the driver seemed very good, his name was Preston. They picked up on Aug. 29th with a delivery scheduled in Nevada for Sept. 3rd. No call, nothing. Of course you can't get ANYONE on the phone. I had been texting with a Tammy at American National, the company I thought I hired. She tells me because of the Jewish New Year holiday Sept. 5, everyone was out of the office and unable to get me a delivery date. Late Monday Sept. 8, I text her back and she informs me my new delivery date is Sept 13- 15. Still no word, no calls from either QRS or American National until yesterday. Someone from QRS ( no name left) said that I owe $3,313.60 more!! This is such a scam job I can't believe it. My original quote included my fridge, washer, dryer and lawn mover. They were sold BEFORE the move so were not part of the weight. So it should have gone down not up, RIGHT?
My belief is that this American National is a front for that crappy company QRS, since they have so many complaints.
When I called to find out why they think I should pay them TRIPLE of what I owe, of course you get no one to answer your calls.
In the mean time I got a email from this CSI service saying that QRS has started my claim. Are they admitting they lost my things? I am just sick to my stomach about this. Has anyone thought of filing a class action law suit?

I have filed a complaint with the BBB, but what can they really do?

MusicMom

Re: American National Van Lines/ QRS

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:26 pm

The final outcome boils down to your original paperwork, and what QRS did on loading day. Did ANVL give you a binding estimate? If yes, did QRS give you any new paperwork to sign BEFORE loading up any of your belongings? If they gave you paperwork to sign AFTER they loaded up your things, did you sign it and what did it say? Lastly, what are they saying is the reason for the shift in price? Can they send you via fax or email the two weight tickets?

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 am

Yes I have a quote from ANVL and QRS did have me sign papers after they loaded. The driver said he would get me a before and after weight, which I have not received. I can not get anyone at QRS to call me back. I got a hold of Tammy at ANVL this morning, she said she will get info today for me. Delivery was to be Sept. 13-15, of course has come and gone. The final paper work said that the amount would go up or down depending on weight. But I do not trust these people, if I EVER get my belongings here I want to ask them to meet me at the truck stop that a scale, weigh before unloading, then follow them over to re weigh, that is the only way I feel I will know.
I am just sick about this whole thing and am losing faith that I will even see my belongings again.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Since they do not seem to have given you the Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move booklet, I'm going to send you to www.protectyourmove.gov to read it. You do of course have the right to demand a reweigh if you do not agree with the weight they've told you. But since you have nothing from them to prove what they say your load is, you will definitely have to do this. What it will require is you meeting them at the closest weigh station (call the local police department and they can tell you where a few local weigh stations are, they may be on highways near you), weighing the full truck, you paying them what they ask, then follow them to the weigh station again to weight the truck, and they refund you the difference.

That's how it's SUPPOSED to go. I'm sure by now you realize that they really don't care about how things are SUPPOSED to go. The next suggestion would be to ask a Nevada Department of Weights and Measures person to be with you at delivery, and they will witness the weighing, the unloading, and the reweighing to ensure compliance. The problem is that they cannot get into the middle of a dispute, and can't really do much if the movers just drive off after unloading. But it's worth a shot. Arizona's DWM is fantastic about ensuring movers don't stiff consumers, but the other state have not been as tested. There needs to be a first case at some point. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 am

Have they delivered yet?
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 am

No they have not delivered yet. I called the driver that picked my stuff up, he admitted to me that the company took my stuff directly into storage in Kansas and could very well still be there. Still no calls or replies. I did talk with a person from the real QRS, she gave me alot of info and numbers for this sham company . I am in the process of trying all the avenues she gave me.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:27 am

Hello, still no delivery (Sept. 20th). I did call QRS yesterday and I think they accidentally answered the phone, but a Vanessa told me her manger would call me back, he did not. She did email me a detail bill.
My weight is considerably lower then my original quote, so am still wandering why they want $3313.60, but of course I can't get answers. I told her I want to meet the truck at the nearest weight scales before drop off and then I will follow them back to reweigh. She said her manage would talk to me....not yet.
Also I noticed on the paper that my orginal deposit went to a Ally Van Line, but I hired American National Van Lines.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am

should I stop fighting this, pay what they want just to get my stuff and deal with it later through different channels?

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Have you checked your private mail here?
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 am

Yes, but it is empty.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Just a update from this / those wonderful companies. It is Sept. 27, they have officially exceeded their beloved "21 business days" they LOVE to tote.
They made a false reply to my complaint to the BBB, they lied, lied lied.

SteffM

Postby SteffM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:14 pm

I finally received my belongs on Oct 12th. By yet another company!!! Triple 7 Movers picked my stuff up in Kansas City and brought it here. I have alot of damage and missing items. With so many people handling my stuff I can not say who did what. BUT I know for a fact that Triple 7 stole from me. I saw a valuable box, that I have been worried about, I was so relieved!!! BUT it did not make it into my house. So this company was so bold they stole right in front of me!!! I am not done with this, I am going to do all I can to help this to not happen to someone else. Where is our government in this??

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm

I am sure they will blame it on the shutdown. Make sure you ask all of your representatives about the reasons for the other 340+ days of the year.

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Name : TRIPLE 7 MOVERS
USDOT Number : 1812376
MC # : 658497
Address : 2917 BROOKSPARK DR
NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89030
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (702)685-6888
Fax : (702) 685-0499

AUTHORIZED FOR HHG Out of Service Date: None
Legal Name: SHAUL MARKETING INC
DBA Name: TRIPLE 7 MOVERS
Physical Address: 2917 BROOKSPARK DR
Phone: (702) 685-6888
Mailing Address: 2917 BROOKSPARK DR
USDOT Number: 1812376 State Carrier ID Number:
MC/MX/FF Number(s): MC-658497

Business Entity Information
Type: Domestic Corporation Entity Number: E0029602007-6
Qualifying State: NV List of Officers Due: 1/31/2014
Managed By: Expiration Date:
NV Business ID: NV20071601310 Business License Exp: 1/31/2014

Additional Information
Central Index Key:

Registered Agent Information
Name: SHAUL DADON Address 1: 2917 BROOKSPARK DR
Address 2: City: N LAS VEGAS
State: NV Zip Code: 89030
Phone: Fax:
Mailing Address 1: Mailing Address 2:
Mailing City: Mailing State: NV
Mailing Zip Code:
Agent Type: Noncommercial Registered Agent
View all business entities under this registered agent

Financial Information
No Par Share Count: 0 Capital Amount: $ 1,000.00
Par Share Count: 100.00 Par Share Value: $ 10.00

Officers Include Inactive Officers
Treasurer - ITAY DADON
Address 1: 1004 DUCKHORN COURT #205 Address 2:
City: LAS VEGAS State: NV
Zip Code: 89144 Country: USA
President - SHAUL DADON
Address 1: 1882 ARDILEA ST Address 2:
Zip Code: 89135 Country: USA
Secretary - TOM DADON
Director - TOM DADON

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 am

Can I ask what was in the valuable box? Is it worth filing a police report?

Return to “Report A Scam”