Progressive Relocations is a Scam

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Judi Kemler

Progressive Relocations is a Scam

Postby Judi Kemler » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:08 pm

August 28, 2013, I made the mistake of paying Progressive Relocations $1169 for downpayment to move me from Norman, OK, to Vero Beach, FL. The amount of their bid was $3897, $1169 down, $1364 to be paid by Cashier Check on pick-up date, and $1365 to be paid by Postal Money Order upon delivery. I had failed to get three estimates and I read the Red Flags of Moving Fraud. This company did no on-site inspection of household goods and gave estimate over the phone. When I told Progressive Relocations that I had received a lower bid and would like to cancel the move with them, they said that was impossible because the money had already been spent. Then Kevin of Progressive Relocations said he would meet the cost of the lower estimate. Kevin did not provide me with a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move". Ashley was their sales representative, and she took the list of items over the phone. I had failed to include everything and requsted an on-site estimate on my move. Kevin said that they did not have anyone who could make an on-site estimate. I repeatedly requested that they cancel my move and refund my check. Then continually said that was not possible. Ashley was mainly concerned with cubic feet and I said I could have 150-200 boxes. On September 18, 2013, Ashley suggested that I have the company that made the lower bid come back over to my home and reevaluate their figures. I told her there was no way I would have them do that and then tell them once again that I was not able to use them for my move. Then Ashley said that since talking to me and finding out I might have 150-200 boxes, she said my move would now cost $4679!!! Progessive Relocations also did not provide moving insurance above the 60-cent coverage. They said I should contact Move Insure to pay the cost of insurance. Ashley had stated weight was 8393 pounds but when they were trying to meet the cost of the lower bidder, they changed the weight to 7700 pounds. I have no idea how they came up with any of their figures. On September 19, 2013, I sent Progressive Relocations a copy of "Red Flags of Moving Fraud". I told them they had no on-site estimate, requested payment first, then payment at pickup, and payment at delivery. They did not include full-coverage insurance. All the other companies required one payment and full-coverage insurance. I felt their company would fall under the example of "Once your goods are on their truck, they demand more money before they'll deliver or unload them." Under Google there were many complaints against Progressive Relocations. One stated that they did not even show up on the day of pickup. There was no way of knowing when my furniture would be picked, how it would be handled, and when and if it would be delivered. I then wrote a complaint to Progressive Relocation, and told them they were not a professional moving company. I had to try to help them figure how much the shipment would weigh so that I could get with Move Insure to get insurance. So much figuring was involved on my part that I felt I could not deal with this company. Kevin had actually told me to not call back because his blood pressure was running high. I asked them many times to cancel this move and refund my $1169. They said there was no way that that was possible.

MusicMom

Re: Progressive Relocations is a Scam

Postby MusicMom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 am

You made a wise choice in the end.

Movinghelper

Re: Progressive Relocations is a Scam

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:57 am

If this is the company? They are are broker only and I cannot see how the money was spent.
Name : PROGRESSIVE RELOCATION SOLUTIONS LLC
USDOT Number : 2328661
MC # : 761375
Address : 7194 STILLWATER BLVD
SPANISH FORT, AL 36527
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (251)458-957

Make sure you file a complaint with the FMCSA so it goes on record.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Return to “Report A Scam”