American Way Van Lines - Brooklyn NY - MC # 420391

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
farrah7031

Re: American Way Van Lines - Brooklyn NY - MC # 420391

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:11 pm

F'ed Over-
Please sign up for membership and send me a Private Message. I have some more information for you on this company that I'd like to share privately.

Farrah

nocarrier

Postby nocarrier » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Yep, The story gets worse and worse with American Way Van lines.. changed owner recently.. all my contacts are gone. I settled with them... and now waiting... for payment. I dont expect to see it anytime in my lifetime...

In a nutshell. They suck ! Stay away...

Pissed of in Los Angeles.

F'd Over

Postby F'd Over » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:03 pm

After 4 1/2 month and numerous calls and e-mails to Budget and calls to American Way without getting a resolution on my missing and broken items (Cost in excess of $2,000)...This is the e-mail string I had with Derek at American Way Van Lines a few days ago:

sales@americanwayvanlines.com wrote:
TO FINISH MY POINT. SPIRTUALLY I AUTOMATICALLY TRY TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT. I’M NOT EVEN RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISHANDILING OF YOUR ITEMS, BUT GENUINLY IS CONCERNED. SO IS WILLING TO GIVE YOU WHAT I CAN OUT OF MY POCKET LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE. BUT THREATS OF COURTS AND POLICE ONLY INCREASES MY BATTLE BETWEEN WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG. NOT THE WAY TO GET MY ATTENTION. SO YOU DECIDE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 11:05 AM
To: sales@americanwayvanlines.com
Subject: RE: Contact Information
I called at 9:30am (EST) and was told by "the operator" you were not open and to call back in an hour. I tried back in the hour and noone answered the call.

In all sincerity, I feel I have really struggled via phone calls and e-mails over the last 4 1/2 months to try and resolve this. I called the 78th Precinct in Brooklyn this morning and explained my situation to Officer Ramos. She advised me that a civil suit is within my jurisdiction. Is this what I have to do to get you to comply with the contractual obligation of the move? Please advise what you want to do?

sales@americanwayvanlines.com wrote:May be you don’t have office number 718 484-8266 call between 9-5 anytime lets try that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:02 AM
To: Info
I didn't hear from you. What the hell???

Info <info@americanwayvanlines.com> wrote:
Later on today from 5-8 12/20/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:39 PM
To: (took out for privacy)
I haven't heard from you...when will I?????

(took out for privacy) wrote:
I want you to call me today. This has been over 4 months.

sorry i''ve been extremly busy. lets do this sunday?

Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 1:54 PM
To: sales@americanwayvanlines.com
I haven't heard from you.

I will call you later.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:44 PM
To: info@americanwayvanlines.com
Subject: Contact Information

Contact Information
Full Name : (took out for privacy)
Phone : (took out for privacy)
Email : (took out for privacy)
Comments : I want to file a claim with you
for items you lost. Please
contact me.
Pref. Contact Method : email

Derek incidentally is the same guy at American Way who I spoke to in August to return my items. When I spoke with him on Friday he said he would call me on Sunday (Christmas Eve) with an offer to settle...and of course I didn't hear from him. I have money and will fight tooth and nail to make them fill their end of their contractual obligation...and to ensure others are fully informed of my personal experience with both American Way Van Lines of Brooklyn and Budget Van Lines of New York.

F'd Over

AMERICANWAYVANLINES

Postby AMERICANWAYVANLINES » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:09 am

this is owner of americanway van lines. americanway was sold three months ago. and i must agree things were not handel correctly willing to talk to anyone. do not place blame on innocent party the guy you are looking for owns another moving company investigate. i am spirtually different from previous owners. dont place judgment without talking to party. god bless and good luck on your healing and reconcialing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 am

Even if the company was sold - you still have an obligation to this customer! Is this Derek or Steve? Did you even send the customer a claim form? I have talked with the customer quite a bit and agree that your company has been irresponsible and has is not an "innocent party". If you are "spiritually different from the previous owners" you would be doing the correct thing by acknowledging the issue and actually dealing with it.

We have advised the consumer to file multiple complaints with multiple agencies. Hopefully that will spark a fire under your company's behind and make you do "the right thing".

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:34 am

Another thing, YOU yourselves, have had your interstate license revoked on 12/18/06. That had nothing to do with the previous owner. Accept responsibility for yourselves.

F'd Over

Postby F'd Over » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:12 am

It's easy to place blame on "the other guy" who is no longer in the picture.

You say you are "spiritually different" from the other owner, however, your actions should speak louder than words.

You are forced to do the "right thing" because you are contractually and legally obligated to as the owner of American Way Van Lines to execute the legal agreement of the contract. As a business owner, I suggest you take a course on business law and follow through on your obligations and reimburse those of us who have attempted to have you fill your end of the contract.

To date, I have not seen any reimbursement form.

Return to “Report A Scam”