Reviews for Wurlitzer Moving Corporation in Hawaii?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Junni

Reviews for Wurlitzer Moving Corporation in Hawaii?

Postby Junni » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Does anyone have experience using Wurlitzer Moving Corporation when leaving Hawaii? They seem to be a good company. There are only 2 reviews I've found, which are very good. I just want to hear just a few more reviews.

Noone

Re: Reviews for Wurlitzer Moving Corporation in Hawaii?

Postby Noone » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

I don't know of them, good or bad.

Did they do an in home survey?

Are they licensed with the FMC?

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm

I cannot find them in the movers search on protect your move. Nor do they come up in the FMSCA website. I would be wary.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 am

MASTER NAME WURLITZER MOVING CORPORATION
BUSINESS TYPE Domestic Profit Corporation
FILE NUMBER 95339 D1
STATUS 1
PURPOSE MOVING SERVICES
PLACE INCORPORATED Hawaii UNITED STATES
REGISTRATION DATE May 13, 1994
MAILING ADDRESS 44-215 MALAE PL
KANEOHE, Hawaii 96744
UNITED STATES
TERM PER
AGENT NAME KAREN M. WURLITZER
AGENT ADDRESS 44-215 MALAE PL
KANEOHE, Hawaii 96744
UNITED STATES

D&B also has Eric Wurlitzer as a CEO

Manta:
Wurlitzer Moving Inc Business InformationLocation Type Single Location
Annual Sales (Estimated) $54,000

Employees (Estimated) 2
SIC Code 4212, Local Trucking Without Storage
NAICS Code 484210, Used Household and Office Goods Moving
Products, Services
and Brands Information not found
State of Incorporation Information not found
Years in Business 16

Their website is a mess or non existent and on AOL.
They advertise heavy on the Find a mover aggregators such as Movingmatrix, Moving411, onemovingplace, zmoving, and others.

No moving trucks at his residence above.

You might want to try a real moving company Call Royal Hawain they will treat you right.

No records for this one any where on the internet except for a few reviews (2) for being in business for 16 years.

They are also not on the active motor carrier list for Hawaii.
http://dms.puc.hawaii.gov/dms/ActiveMot ... Report.jsp
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 am

M Dyer and Sons is a very good company also. Call Rebecca Parker and tell her that she was recommended by Art Haddow.Her number is (808) 456-4200
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Hermann8er

Postby Hermann8er » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

Wurlitzer Moving Corp. recently (June 2011) helped my husband and me move from Oahu to California. Not only was Erik friendly and helpful, he was reliable and HONEST. Prior to finding WMC, I researched other moving companies online and was frightened with the stories that people would tell. The Wurlitzers were the answer to my prayers! All of my belongings arrived safe and sound. There are NO hidden fees, and Erik is upfront about the costs. On the day of our move, the team was professional, careful, efficient, and friendly...everything that I needed and more! I would HIGHLY recommend Wurlitzer Moving Corp. for your move.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:43 am

Since they are not listed in the state as a Motor Carrier, could you please tell us how they went about moving your stuff out of your home. Rental truck, third party moving company etc.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Hermann8er

Postby Hermann8er » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am

Mr. Wurlitzer had a moving truck to move our belongings out of our apartment, then he and his staff loaded and secured our belongings onto a Matson container.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Hermann, were you asked to come submit a review? It's just odd that a company who was never mentioned before suddenly has a positive review coming only days after someone asked about it. I'm not questioning the truth of your statements, just wondering how you came to be posting here. It's not a bad thing for a mover to ask a happy customer to write their story. Can you just satisfy my curiosity, please?

mmw

Postby mmw » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 am

Aloha,

I wanted to respond to this thread because of the unfortunate and untrue representation of Wurlitzer Moving Corporation.

I am Erik Wurlitzer's daughter-in-law and also the designer of his website, viewable at: [url]http://wurlitzermoving.oziah.com/[/url]

Wurlitzer Moving Corporation is a family owned and operated business. My in-laws handle each and every move personally, ensuring that you get the very best service. Please read any one of their satisfied customer reviews on Yelp: [url]http://www.yelp.com/biz/wurlitzer-moving-corporation-kailua[/url] You and your valuable belongings will be treated with the utmost care, which is synonymous with the Wurlitzer name on O'ahu. Erik is a hard worker and he has instilled this same work ethic in his sons, who also help him out from time to time. They go above and beyond, always. This is simply their nature.

We are working on gaining more of an online presence, but please do not let the low technology of this= company deter you. In fact, it is rather charming and speaks volumes - Erik has built his thriving company on good old fashioned hard work and a spotless reputation. The majority of his business comes from word-of-mouth referrals, in an age where we are so reliant on technology for answers.

The assertion that someone from the company asked a satisfied customer to "defend" Wurlitzer Moving is completely false. In fact, this website was just now brought to my attention. Thank you, Hermann8er for your recommendation and referral. A quick glance at Yelp shows Royal Hawaiian movers has rated only 2 1/2 stars. And it seems they might have someone actively trying to promote their company online, perhaps by also attempting to badmouth their competition? Just saying.

As a Wurlitzer myself, I am bias, yes. But the customer reviews are stellar. And the stars speak for themselves.

If you want your move to be handled the way YOU would care for your own things, then call this family company today! [Phone number snipped by moderator]

Thanks!!

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 am

Yelp reviews are about as helpful as a BBB review. :roll:
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Noone

Postby Noone » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Have they gotten listed with the Hawaii PUC?

After so long in business, they should be following the rules.

Return to “International Moves”