Rainbow Movers in Franklin, MA

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
RItoSpain

Rainbow Movers in Franklin, MA

Postby RItoSpain » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi! Great website.

I am relocating to Spain from RI and we are looking for a reliable moving company. We contacted Suddath, among others, and they were really nice and told us that the survey would be done by their partners in the area, which are Rainbow Movers. We looked for some reviews in MovingScam.com but could not find a lot. However, I found reviews in yelp, yellowpages.com, yahoo, etc., and many were pretty bad.

I am puzzled because Suddath is endorsed by MovingScam but I am afraid of the other company, which is the one that will come to our home to pack and move our things. Chris Jenkings of Suddath was very nice (our communication was exclusively by email) and after I sent him the links he stated: "I have looked through them in great detail.
It looks like approximately 5 complaints in total over 4 years, nothing recently, and reading through them they are not too terribly bad. Given that they do hundreds, if not thousands of moves a year, I don’t see a trend there. Quite honestly, I have seen many more complaints on other companies that do less moves internationally."

I still don´t feel comfortable, though.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

rydog444

Re: Rainbow Movers in Franklin, MA

Postby rydog444 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Suddath has complaints too. So does Moovers. As does every moving company that has ever existed. As does every business that has ever existed.

If you are looking for a company that you cannot find any complaints about, I think you're going to have to build your own container, boat....

In all seriousness, if you are uncomfortable about the movers, then start looking elsewhere. Just don't expect to find complaintless movers. If you find them, let me know. I could always use them!
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

INTL-GUY

Postby INTL-GUY » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:23 pm

I agree with Rydog. If you come across a company that has 0 complaints chances are they opened there doors yesterday. You have to understand that the moving industry, especially international shipping can have a lot of unforeseen circumstances that can cause complaints, such as delays, damage, customs inspections etc. There is now way for a company to predict that you’re going to have a flawless relocation but, I can tell you that Suddath is a good company and you should be fine with that choice. At the end of the day if a company handles 10,000 shipments a year vs. a company that handles 50, chances are the 10,000 will have more complaints. I’m sure Wal Mart has more complaints then the convenient store down the street.

If you’d like for us to take a look at the quote please post it for feedback.

Good Luck
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
-Socrates

Noone

Postby Noone » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:48 pm

They (Rainbow) have 13 trucks, and run half a million miles a year - this is a medium sized local company, and have no complaints to the FMCSA, which is a good sign.

They likely are doing hundreds, if not thousands, of moves a year. So finding 5-10 complaints online is normal.

You can see some very good reviews of them here:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57647

I also suggest getting two other in home surveys, and reviewing all three quotes for what is and is not included.

lettezilla

Postby lettezilla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 am

We really liked Rainbow for a local move, but went with another company for our Boston to Chicago move (Humboldt, who were great). Not happy with Suddath for our most recent international move, and wouldn't recommend.

Return to “International Moves”