Need suggestions please!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
littleleaf

Need suggestions please!

Postby littleleaf » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi, I am moving from college station, TX to Davis, CA. Just one-bedroom apartment and nothing huge. I am not familar with moving companies at at all. Could anybody give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

farrah7031

Re: Need suggestions please!

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:04 pm

Most of the better movers in the area are located nearer to Killeen because of the military base, although Ware North American has an office in Bryan. Even though you have a relatively small move, the larger van line agents should be able to handle it easier than a smaller company because of the traffic corridor that you’re moving in. Stay away from the virtual movers and brokers that you’ll find on the internet and try to obtain at least three in-home estimates from companies that have an office near your home.

Suggest that you at least contact Hidden Valley Moving and Storage http://hiddenvalleymoving.com/locations.html (the Mayflower Transit agent in Temple) since they also have several offices in California.

littleleaf

Postby littleleaf » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:02 pm

Thank you very much for the information Rick and farrah7031!

Thegnome

Postby Thegnome » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:49 am

Rick and Farrah suggestions are excellent. The guys I used, Superior, out of Texarkana, did a great job for me, and were honest and fair.
I was about to use Ward out of Ft. Worth, but I kind of liked the dude from Superior, took a gamble and went with his company. They don't use the giant vans, but they got my stuff (a house filled with way too much junk) safe from Tyler to Santa Fe. Be sure to get in-home reps to inventory your things and get three of 'em. You'll be fine.
Not a milkman

Return to “Open Community”