Beware of mover named "Joey" from Los Angeles

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
rknig

Beware of mover named "Joey" from Los Angeles

Postby rknig » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:35 pm

I wrote previously about my nightmare experience with Moving Seagull.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14942

To add insult to injury, I was subsequently scammed by the contract mover that finally showed up with my belongings after six weeks (80% of which were irrevocably damaged). Joey, the mover, was missing the speakers to my TV and several integral parts to my furniture. He indicated that he would return in a week with my stuff that he forgot at his warehouse. He called me a few days later to inform me that I would have to pay him extra money to get my stuff back and pay shipping even though it was his FAULT that I didn't have my stuff. I took a picture of him at the time just in case he tried anything suspect. I would like to make others aware of his actions so that he will not be tipped in the future and people will interact with him with caution. The most frustrating thing is that I gave him $40 extra in case he needed to send anything.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8721/moverko8.jpg

farrah7031

Re: Beware of mover named "Joey" from Los Angeles

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:10 pm

What company delivered your goods?

rknig

Postby rknig » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 am

I am trying to determine the company name now. "Joey" would not tell me the name of the company he was affiliated with for obvious reasons.

ashann

Postby ashann » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Today when my furniture was actually delivered, the sub-contracted company was MID Moving. Johnny from Moving Seagull "assured" me on the phone my stuff was in good hands because his good friend Barrack was taking care of it. He explained that they subcontracted work, but not to worry because he knew these guys well. I'm pretty sure they all are friends, located throughout the country, and have joined together to con everyone.

Because of all the previous problems, I asked Barrack for the address and phone number of his company, to which he balked, wouldn't tell me, and asked me why I wanted it. I simply explained that I had had so many problems with Moving Seagull and couldn't get in touch with them anymore (he immediately spouted off their 800 number) and I just wanted to cover all my bases. He said he didn't know the address but gave me this phone number 917-434-8456 and wrote the name Dan next to it. You might try to see if Joey came from this company, Barrack mentioned they work with Moving Seagull all the time. I also saw from another post that King Vanlines contracts with Moving Seagull.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Interesting! The address and fax number are listed to a residence in Illinois but the primary phone number is tied to a New York exchange.

M.I.D. MOVING & STORAGE INC
USDOT Number: 1628869
MC or MX Number: 600844
Power Units: 3 Drivers: 3
Safety Rating : Not Rated
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER GRANTED 04/26/2007
Last edited by Rick on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HopeThisHelps01

Postby HopeThisHelps01 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 pm

rknig wrote:I wrote previously about my nightmare experience with Moving Seagull.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14942

To add insult to injury, I was subsequently scammed by the contract mover that finally showed up with my belongings after six weeks (80% of which were irrevocably damaged). Joey, the mover, was missing the speakers to my TV and several integral parts to my furniture. He indicated that he would return in a week with my stuff that he forgot at his warehouse. He called me a few days later to inform me that I would have to pay him extra money to get my stuff back and pay shipping even though it was his FAULT that I didn't have my stuff. I took a picture of him at the time just in case he tried anything suspect. I would like to make others aware of his actions so that he will not be tipped in the future and people will interact with him with caution. The most frustrating thing is that I gave him $40 extra in case he needed to send anything.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8721/moverko8.jpg

THIS IS PIC OF THE GUY THAT DRIVES THE TRUCK WITH JORDAN RIVER MOVING ON IT. He works for Moving Seagull and Yaakov Krii. ( see my other post in ALERT- Avoid Moving Seagull. It gives just a few names they are using company and personal wise.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:48 pm

This isn't the Jordan River you're talking about, are you?
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

HopeThisHelps01

Postby HopeThisHelps01 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:53 pm

I don't know. I just know he drives a big yellow truck that has Jordan River Moving and Storage on the side. I don't think someone else could use the same company name.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 pm

HopeThisHelps01

Postby HopeThisHelps01 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:32 pm

YES That's the truck!

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:39 am

Is he a scammer? His website says he is a AMSA member, they don't allow scammers......

jengsa

Postby jengsa » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:13 am

Ironically.. I was looking through my AMSA Professional Sourcebook, and you wouldn't believe some of the names I came across in there. I only recognized the names because of this site. Amazing, I tell you.. :shock:

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 am

Maybe AMSA needs to check some of them out.....It's hard enough to compete with the honest movers, as hungry as we all are, and not have to fool with the crooks too.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:33 pm

AMSA won't kick out a mover until they lose their license.

Return to “Open Community”