*Spokane, WA to San Diego, CA considering Lile North American

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
barrystein

*Spokane, WA to San Diego, CA considering Lile North American

Postby barrystein » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:28 am

We are doing a move from
Spokane, WA to San Deigo, CA

I am considering Lile North America
in Spokane, WA
their website is http://lile.net/locations/spokane/

found their rank at BBB
http://spokane.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.a ... rm=8000459

Has anyone had any experience with them. The are also known as Lile International.

I almost went with Avalon Van Lines, but am pretty much scared off after reading what others said about them.

Or does anyone have any better suggestions for a mover.

Thanks

Barry

Rick

Re: Spokane, WA to San Diego, CA considering Lile North American

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:42 am

Based in Tigard, Oregon, Lile is not only an agent for North American Van Lines but is a military approved carrier that has their own interstate operating authority (USDOT# 8287; MC # 608976).
http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/hhg/SearchDetai ... D%26search
%3D2%26MC%3D608976%26Submit%3DSearch

Bekins Northwest, an Atlas Van Lines quality rated agent, is also active hauler in the northwest and also has an office in Spokane. http://www.bekinsnorthwest.com/locations.html

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 am

I would recommend Chipman United in Spokane, they are a United Van Lines agent, I have dealt with them for 15 years and always had great service. Their number is 509.535.8761.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Here's a summary of what has been said here about moving companies in Washington State. It is consistent with what people have said above but gives more details - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7124#77124

Since Chipman has a strong presence in California and frequently self-hauls using its own truck and driver, I agree that it would be a good company to consider. Don't use Avalon.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

walkingguide

Postby walkingguide » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:04 am

I just used Lile North American to move from Tualatin, OR to Vancouver, WA. It was an excellent experience, I give them an A+
We moved a 4-bedroom household.
First, the estimator was very pleasant and explained the whole process very well. He did a thorough walk-through estimating each room. His estimate for number of boxes matched ALMOST EXACTLY what we ended up using. We had access to good, standard-sized boxes and we packed them ourselves. His quote was mid-range for the 3 companies we had bid.
They put 5 men on the job because we had a couple of heavy items, including a plasma TV. The moving crew showed up on time (they got slightly lost but still arrived on time). They cover your floors, wrap the banisters, etc. to protect your house as well as your items. They worked swiftly and steadily and were very responsive to our requests and directions about what to take and what to leave behind.
Caveat: we organized this move very well, all boxes were labeled U1, U2, etc. for upstairs room destinations and D1, D2, etc. for downstairs room destinations. Then I put signs on all of the rooms of the new house to show them which rooms were which.
We had only one casualty - a hutch that I broke in taking it apart to prepare for the movers. They left one tiny scratch on the door jamb of the new front door (we had to hunt for it).
The crew took only a couple of short breaks in 7 hours, they didn't even stop for lunch. Lunch and breaks are not "on the clock." They finished an hour ahead of the estimate and the move cost us $400 below the estimate of $2400.
We felt our belongings were treated with care, our houses treated with care, and the moving crew was a joy to work with. While it is a big expense, it saved our backs and the backs of our friends and relatives and I am sure it saved numerous gouges in the walls!
Lile is one of the good guys.

Diane

Re: **Spokane, WA to San Diego, CA considering Lile North American

Postby Diane » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for your good review of Lile Tualatin/Portland, which I'll add to the Superlist.

Just a note for others reading this thread - the poster is different from the OP and is describing a move of about 20 miles, not a long-distance move.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”