Norco Moving and Storage, Mayflower Agent out of Irving, Texas

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
schwe

Norco Moving and Storage, Mayflower Agent out of Irving, Texas

Postby schwe » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Anyone used them? Haven't heard a peep about them but they seem to be a reputable Mayflower Agent.

Thanks.

farrah7031

Re: Norco Moving and Storage, Mayflower Agent out of Irving, Texas

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Looks like they've been in business since 1996 and have no complaints at the BBB:
http://www.dallas.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Repor ... m=28001576

GreenSpark

Postby GreenSpark » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Cannot speak for Norco, but I recently moved across country with another Mayflower agent - IMS Relocation in Carrollton, TX.
No complaints, except that they give you a packet with stickers for your boxes, such as FRAGILE, and LOAD LAST, and the moving muscle men paid no attention whatsoever to loading order. So the stickers were pointless.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Greenspark,
I've been in the moving business for over 30 years and I've heard your concerns expressed over and over again. It all depends on the crew you get. Some will pay attention to your requests and others will not. As a sales rep, I'm always at the mercy of the driver and the crew to leave the impression (good or bad) of the moving company with the customer. The van line I represent does follow-up surbeys with customers. I've gotten bad scores for my sales presentation from customers I've bent over backwards for because the customer was not pleased with how the crew handled their move.

schwe,
You should be OK. The major van lines do not tolerate consistent bad performance from their agents. If there are too many problems, they get rid of them and can usually find another mover to take their place. I'm sure there ar a few exceptions in certain areas, but for the most part, movers affiliated with a major van line are usually reliable. Good luck with your move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:13 pm

GreenSpark,

People have posted previously that in certain areas, sometimes the workers can't read English. Could be a factor.

GreenSpark

Postby GreenSpark » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Diane wrote:GreenSpark,

People have posted previously that in certain areas, sometimes the workers can't read English. Could be a factor.

Diane,
The stickers were color-coded, so even if they couldn't read English well, they could learn to recognize the colored stickers!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:50 pm

GS,

All I can say, while being minimally politically correct, is "Not necessarily." :wink:

Where does your screen name come from?

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 am

Norco is a very good agent in the DFW area, we use them quite regularly for origin and destination work.

farrah7031

Re: *Norco Moving and Storage, Mayflower Agent out of Irving, Texas

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks AZ, I'll add your comments to the Superlist about Norco.

Return to “Open Community”