Has anyone used Certified Moving in New Hampshire?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Re: *Has anyone used Certified Moving in New Hampshire?

Postby Diane » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Rye Moving was one of the companies that contacted "smatwilly" after she inputted her info on 123movers.com - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 995#101995

Kutiepie_nh

Postby Kutiepie_nh » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:34 pm

So I did use McGlaughlin Mayflower for my move. The movers were great, Tim was the driver and did a great job loading with one of their local men. They picked up Wednesday and delivered today (Sunday) which is early. He asked if that was ok, and I had no issue with it. My guarenteed to not exceed price was $2,500 for a 5,000 pound move. I receieved a call Wednesday night saying I was under weight, so I was getting a $400 refund to my CC. The office lady was ok. I wanted to take something off my inventory, and she made it seem like such a hassle that I decided i would just take it. The actual movers were fantastic though. M&M car movers I'm not sure though. They were supposed to pick up Wednesday through Friday. I hadn't heard anything so I called and they still didnt' know when they'd be coming because of the weather (it snowed Monday and Friday). They called Friday and said they'd come Saturday> We were leaving for the day and so they came early. We had a nice bolt awake at 7 am with banging on the door. So my car is down at their lot and I'm not sure when it's being delivered. It's supposed to be there by Friday so we'll hope.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:12 am

Kutiepie_nh,
I don't understand your comment about taking something off the inventory. With a "not-to-exceed" estimate, you just don't take whatever you don't want to take and your final price will be based on the actual weight. Or did you want to take something off after the shipment was already loaded and the driver had left your house?

Kutiepie_nh

Re: **Has anyone used Certified Moving in New Hampshire?

Postby Kutiepie_nh » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:22 am

I wanted to take something off the inventory before it was shipped out. The office person said we'd have to change the inventory, and redo all the forms/credit card signature and those things.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:02 pm

So am I to assume your shipment was picked up locally, weighed, and now sitting in the mover's warehouse waiting for the "road van" to pick it up and take it to your destination? If that's the case, the moving company would have had to do extra work by wreweighing your shipment and chaging the paperwork. They would have been entitled to additional compensation for doing that. Also, what did you expect them to do with the piece of furniture you decided not to take with you? In the end, if I'm understanding you correctly, it was probably cheaper to just move it as you did.

IMP

Postby IMP » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:11 pm

If I read the comments correctly - BEFORE the move began, the customer said "we aren't moving _____ (piece of furniture)" and the moving company suggested not amending the cube sheet, estimate and OFS before move day to reflect the change in one piece of furniture. I could be reading it wrong altogether.
There are still good people who move good people.

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 am

Cutie--the max you would have to pay at time of delivery is 10% above the estimate if its a non binding estimate. Legally, if you pay the estimate plus 10% you must be given your household goods - thats not to say the most you will pay is 10% though. If your charges came in at 20% over the estimate than they will bill you the remaining 10%. (Am I making sense :roll:

Ray the Mover - if its the one I think it is, is an excellent company. We have used them several times for services - they also have an agency in FL.

Good Luck!

Sherry

Kutiepie_nh

Postby Kutiepie_nh » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I had a guaranteed to not exceed estimate which included a love seat. After the inventory was done, and all the paperwork signed (a week before the move) we decided that we did not want the loveseat. We would have had to redo all the paperwork so decided just to bring it. My weight was under the estimate so I ended up getting a rebate.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:36 am

Kutiepie,

Since you had a Binding/Guaranteed Not to Exceed estimate where the final price depended on the weight, it wasn't necessary for you to move the loveseat OR have the paperwork changed. You could just have left the loveseat behind and have waited for the final cost to be slightly lower since the weight would have been slightly lower. The person at McLaughlin should have explained this to you - maybe she tried.

Thanks for this good review of McLaughlin. It sounds as if they moved your shipment using their own truck and driver (?). Please do let us know how your car move went so we can add to our database.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 am

Kutiepie,
I'm thinking you got a person at the moving company who did not want to take the time to revise your "not-to-exceed" estimate without the loveseat included in the estimated weight. They should have done that for you. I revise estimates for customers eveyday. Also, as Diane mentioned, had you just left the loveseat, it would have been OK, as well, and you would have gotten a little bit bigger refund. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much that can be done after the fact. It will end up as a "he said-she said" argument and no one ever wins. Hopefully, you are able to use the loveseat in your new home.

stunter1

Re: Has anyone used Certified Moving in New Hampshire?

Postby stunter1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:44 am

Hey everyone, I just registered to this forum. I used Rye Moving Systems in June 2008. I wanted to share my shitty experience with others so they can be for warned.

They kept pushing the date back until they came when I was already moved. About 3 weeks after they said they would be there.

The when they moved everything, a part of my four wheeler was broken and they broke a leg off a dresser. And almost ALL of the boxes marked fragile were crushed. Wh o knows what else they broke.

Carl said he would pay for it. "No problem jsut let me know how much." Yeah right. I got a price and called back. Guess what no answer. I called about once a week and left messages and I did not hear from him. Its been almost 3 months and I finally heard through another guy that he isnt going to pay me and wants me to stop calling. What a way to run a business.

I RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE READING THIS NEVER USES RYE MOVING SYSTEMS, OR WHATEVER THEY CHANGE THEIR NAME TO ONCE THIS ONE GETS A BAD REP.

Thank everyone I hope this helps.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 am

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:37 am

Contact their insurance company directly:

ONEBEACON AMERICA INSURANCE COMPANY
Attn: PAUL BUTLER
Address: 44 WHIPPANY RD
MORRISTOWN, NJ US 07962
Telephone: (973) 630 - 6615

Policy/Surety#790-005-362

You will only get $.60/pound for missing or damaged goods.

Return to “Open Community”