**discover moving & storage feedback needed

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
esager

**discover moving & storage feedback needed

Postby esager » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:15 pm

I am considering using Discover Moving and Storage for my move from FL to CA. I could not find anything negative on them. They state they are a moving company and not a broker. However, they have only been in business for about 1 year under the name Discover Moving and Storage. On www.moverreviews.com they have lots of good comments, but I am not 100% sure about that website. I googled them, but could not find much info. Does anyone have any info on them? (DOT 1691436; MC 621171)
Thanks,

Ed

consumer advocate

Re: discover moving & storage feedback needed

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Are you talking about Discover Moving and Storage in Charlotte, NC? If you're moving from Florida, you should be using a mover that is local to you. How did you find this company? You should not be using a find-a-mover website. Those sites are infested with scammers. Any company that contacts you as a result of posting your moving information on one of those sites should be eliminated immediately. On their DOT record, they're showing only one truck and one driver. That doesn't make sense for a company that claims to be able to do interstate moves. They've only had DOT operating authority since October. What area of Florida are you moving from?
Check this list to see what's been said about movers in your area:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

esager

Postby esager » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:07 pm

I am moving from Fort Lauderdael to San Francisco. I am leaning towards Broadway Express.

Thanks

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:29 pm

BBB lists owner as Lior Dangoor. Their website registration shows an address in CA, not NC.
Domain Name.......... discovermoving.com
Creation Date........ 2007-09-11
Registration Date.... 2007-09-11
Expiry Date.......... 2008-09-11
Organisation Name.... Anna Konevsky
Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. EmeryVille
Organisation Address. 94662
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

That name sounded familiar, so I searched and found Anna Konevsky also is the contact for Highway Moving of Charlotte, NC. According to the BBB, Highway is no longer in service, and left with outstanding complaints. Thier FMCSA report shows their license was active only from 9/06 through 11/07.

Previously, we found this info on Highway Moving:

Address: 801-G Atando Avenue Charlotte NC, 28206
License: USDOT 1533551

Wait, their Fax number (954) 443-2890 on the FMCSA report is a FL area code? It was previously used by Freedom Moving & Storage/Quick Trip Movers from GA, on our Blacklist.

They are incorporated in North Carolina, agent's name is Ann Konevsky. On a hunch, I checked incorporations in other states (since you already said you suspected them of being elsewhere in actuality), and found them also in New York:

http://tinyurl.com/yonvk3 (there is no DOT record of a Highway Moving in NY, so I'm guessing this might be the same company. The timeframe of incorporation to license fits)

So even though the principal of Discover is a different person, I'm not comfortable with the connection to the previous failed mover.

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:49 am

Check out www.fmwa.org to get a list of reputable Florida based movers. I belive A-1 is in your area. They are an agent for Atlas Van Lines. Andy Newit was the past president of the FMWA.

You might also checkout www.moving.org to get a list of the AMSA member movers in your market.

best regards. :D

jengsa

Postby jengsa » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 am

JMillerFL wrote:
You might also checkout www.moving.org to get a list of the AMSA member movers in your market.

best regards. :D

Ahh.. there it is, the Movers referral service.. Not for nothin, but... I've noticed some "scam movers" in the AMSA Professional Sourcebook that lists movers by state. I would hope that these companies would not get a referral, but since they are listed in the book, one has to wonder.. :shock: I would say stick to calling agencies of any major van line.

I used to refer to that book when I needed a survey done in a particular area that I didn't have an agent.... Not anymore!! Well I shouldn't say not anymore, but I do now look to see who the company is affiliated with. If there is no affiliation, I do not bother calling. Amazing, If I never stumbled upon this site, I would have been clueless. So, goes to say, not only does this site help consumers, but us moving gurus also!!

esager

Postby esager » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I too have seen the AMSA membership included on many scam movers email and websites. I will check with www.fmwa.org to compare movers. I have 3 good leads/referrals now for reputable movers/freight fowarders. I think I am going to be alright. You all have been very helpful. This website is a life saver.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:26 am

Can we ask who you're getting estimates from?

esager

Postby esager » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 am

I am using recommendations from this website and it's forums. They are: Broadway Express (Freight forwarder), Daneils Moving (affiliated with Atlas) and A-1 moving and storage (affiliated with Atlas).

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Wonderful! Please let us know who you go with.

esager

Postby esager » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm

We have chosen A-1 Moving and Storage for our move. The adventure begins Jan 28th. I will report back how it went.

liordiscover

Re: *discover moving & storage feedback needed

Postby liordiscover » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Lior I am the President of Discover Moving
I would like to clarify some things, as this post was brought to my attention.
1. Yes, we are a new company in Charlotte, NC but we are doing are best to make every customer very happy with us. I my self have over 9 years of moving experience and have seen many customer get abused by moving companies but this is NOT the type of company I will be running.
2. Domain Name- Anna Konevsky is a women that didn't know what she was doing when is came to running a moving company but was very good with advertising and we all know that moving is not just about advertising so she had to close, nothing to do with Discover Moving. But yes I do know her she had some really good domain name for moving and she didn't want them any more, so I had purchased one from her that I really liked. Sorry, I didn't know I had to put the hosting info in my name but now that you have brought to my attention I have fixed it.
3. Their website registration shows an address in CA, not NC. Ok,
Yahoo is the host for discovermoving.com YAHOO is in Emery Ville CA 94662 NOT Discover Moving and yes we are in Charlotte NC.

If you would like to ask me anything please fell free to call me I would be more then happy to help in anyway I can.
Thank you
Lior
1-800-888-0168
or 704-393-5115
Lior

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:25 pm

OK, Lior, tell us HOW you plan on completing a move from FL to CA with only one truck and driver?

FEDS

Postby FEDS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:04 am

Yes. Please tell us, Lior. And by the way, would you care to volunteer Ms. Konvesky/Konevsky's contact information?

esager

Postby esager » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:41 am

I am reporting back how my move went with A1 Moving and Storage (Atlas Van Lines). Our move was from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to San Francisco, CA. A1 sends an Atlas agent/mover to do the pickup, drive and delivery. There was some confusion between the driver and A1 on the day he was to arrive. So, he arrived about 3 hours later than we expected. However, he and his helper were very freindly and professional. They even gave recommendations on improvements to some of the packing we did of our property. There worked fast and efficiently. They were very patient with us and helpful. Total days from pick up to delivery was 10 days. They worked very fast on the unload and did a great job with us in verifying all pieces were delivered.

We had 2 items broken during the move - 1 wine glass and a small vase. We had packed these ourselves. We reported these to Atlas through their website. They promptly sent us a check to compensate for a full refund of the items.

I highly recommend A1 moving and Storage. They are located in South Florida and are affiliated with Atlas Van Lines.

Return to “Open Community”