**discover moving & storage feedback needed

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
JMillerFL

Re: **discover moving & storage feedback needed

Postby JMillerFL » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 am

That is suprising to hear that Atlas paid for broken items in a packed by owner (PBO) carton. Most carriers do not pay claims on PBO cartons unless there are obvoius signs of mishandling. Glad to hear that A-1 did a good job for you. Andy is a good guy and runs a good company. :D

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Going back to Discover Moving, Comspiracy pointed out that the references on www.discovermoving.com has a fine print disclaimer:

The references where given to the owner of the company while he was managing other company's.

*thanks, C!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Since Diane's eagle eyes saw the references were from Highway Moving, which is the previous company run by Anna Konevsky, Lior must have purchased her references.

This is unethical and just plain stupid. You can't pass off someone else's references as your own!

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Several of the Highway Moving references posted on Discover's website mention a "Leo" as being the foreman or otherwise involved in the move, and one even mentions a "Lior."
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15905

In my opinion, it seems as if Leo/Lior was working for Highway and he wants to preserve its past good reviews while shedding its less favorable ones via a name change.

SAINTS45

Postby SAINTS45 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:36 pm

:cry: I was plannning a move from IL to GA. At first this company seemed legit. Initially, The customer service was adequate. But after they got my money, they changed. The movers were suppose to be at my house b/w 8-10am. After waiting several hours past their alloted time, I called the office and was told "the truck broke down and they couldn't tell me when the truck would arrive. Why didn't they call me to let me know? Four hours later I called the office and was told that they would get back to me. They never called back! I even sent emails! Its been a whole 2 days later and they have not called and Worst of all the movers NEVER DID SHOW UP! That left me in a stranded in a house that I was suppose to be out of because another family was suppose to move in. I had to scramble and get another moving company, which cost me $500-600 more! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY PLEASE! SPARE YOURSELF THE ANGUISH! JUST PAY MORE AND GET A REPUTABLE COMPANY

Crookodiles

Postby Crookodiles » Mon May 26, 2008 10:37 am

If you search for "Anna Konevsky" in Charlotte, North Carolina, you will find "Anna Dangoor" listed as an alias. It lists Lior Dangoor as her relative. This is enough of a connection to Highway Moving for me. The reviews for Highway Moving were horrendous.

MamaSpoon

Postby MamaSpoon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:30 pm

If you do a little more internet searching, you will find that Anna Konevsky is Lior Dangoor's wife. :shock: If I were Anna, I'd be very upset to see my husband bad-mouthing me online for everyone to see. :?

catwizz27

Postby catwizz27 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Discover, did a great job me and my family! We are very happy and pleased. Please ask for Christina when you call, she is very friendly and smart. This girl realy knows her trade!

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 pm

And when you talk to Christina please ask her about the hostage load complaints that have been made to the DOT about Discover Moving. Maybe Christina would like to clear that up for anyone who might want to use Discover. She could also explain the other complaints to the DOT about estimates/final charges and loss/damage.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:04 am

Oh, I guess CatWhiz is Christina? WhyDoesItMatter?

MamaSpoon

Postby MamaSpoon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:41 pm

Christina must work closely with Lior. I spoke with her and she hand-delivered one of my e-mails to Lior because he doesn't have an e-mail address... ??? No doubt their business is down, so she was asked to blanket the internet with false good reviews, and she's plugging herself so that she can get commission or something.

MamaSpoon

Postby MamaSpoon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Well, I guess their efforts weren't good enough, or they were just twice as evil this time around, but Discover Moving is apparently out of business. This would be a good thing, except they still have lots of people's belongings and money. :nono:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:54 am

Mama, Anna Konevsky, Lior Dangoor's wife, has opened two locksmith companies operating out of Discover Moving's unit on Scott Furtrell Drive.

MamaSpoon

Postby MamaSpoon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:05 pm

I know! Isn't that crazy?! Is it a new business? I can't remember now.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:53 pm

I think they were both from early this year, maybe Feb or March.

Return to “Open Community”