Moving in CT - Braun, Security, Noah's Ark, Joyce's

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Lisa D

Moving in CT - Braun, Security, Noah's Ark, Joyce's

Postby Lisa D » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello,
My husband and I are doing a local move within the town of Westport, CT. The move is a little complex in that 1/3 of our stuff (5 bedroom house) will be moving into a cottage where we will live for a year and 2/3 into storage. So storage is as much of a concern as the moving logistics since the cost for so many pounds in storage could be a lot.

We have looked at three companies. A few came from a internet search request and one from word of mouth. Any feedback on the following companies?
- Braun Moving and Storage out of Newtown, CT
- Noah's Ark - out of NY
- Security Moving and Storage - Bayonne, NJ

Security Moving and Storage was by far the cheapest with "not to exceed" numbers, but after a quick search on line, I found MANY complaints and warnings. Thanks goodness I checked as I was leaning towards them.

Noah's Ark, by far, the most expensive and the owner tried to negotiate with me, but I did not like his style.

Braun comes as a recommendation from a friend and is part of the bigger Allied family, but I'd love to hear any feedback on them. Their price was in the middle, but non-binding.

I am reading about Joyce and wonder if I should take the time to call them? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am amazed by how thorough and helpful the dialogue I have read in this forum.

Rick

Re: Moving in CT - Braun, Security, Noah's Ark, Joyce's

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 pm

You might try contacting John F Goetjen & Son, Inc d/b/a Advance Transportation Systems, Inc.., the North American Van Lines agent in Wilton at (203) 762-8801 and ask them for a quote. Noah’s Ark and Joyce are both reputable companies that would provide professional service, but the Goetjen family has been part of the local market for 50 years and they’ve always gone out of their way to cooperate in difficult situations.

Ask Bill and Jon about your wine collection. If they can’t help contact Joel or Marc at Western Carriers www.westerncarriers.com or post your inquiry in the conversation section at http://forums.winespectator.com/6/ubb.x ... pos=TopNav

Lisa D

Postby Lisa D » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 am

Thanks Rick. I will try both of your suggestions.

promover1

Postby promover1 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:15 am

Use Joyce Van Lines for your move and storage. I have done business with them for many years and they are very good and reputable.

Return to “Open Community”