Moving from CA to IL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
arscoutswife

Moving from CA to IL

Postby arscoutswife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:07 am

Hello,
I just found this message board. I've been trying to find a legitimate moving company to move our family from CA to IL.
I have found several companies on this list here that had send us estimates, so now to be honest that really scared me.
We found a company named Direct moving and storage, located in North Hollywood, CA Dot# 1606889 MC# 594217 I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this company and how their experience was. Also I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good legitmate company.
Thank you in advance!!!!!

Rick

Re: Moving from CA to IL

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:07 am

Direct is relatively new small carrier that seems to have racked up a considerable number of complaints since only receiving their interstate operating authority in March, 2007. Hit the link on their web page to find their BBB results.

http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/hhg/SearchDetai ... D%26search
%3D2%26MC%3D594217%26Submit%3DSearch

Check here for a list of local companies in California. Make sure that any company you consider provides you with a visual survey of your home and a written estimate. http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7565#57565

moverjim

Postby moverjim » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Direct Moving & Storage's California Permit has been REVOKED. Do NOT use.

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/tmis/det_MTR0190364.htm

az ops man

Postby az ops man » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 am

Where in CA are you moving from?

arscoutswife

Postby arscoutswife » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:18 am

az ops man wrote:Where in CA are you moving from?

We're moving from the desert heh, about 30 min away from Palm Springs.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:31 am

If you have at least 5000 pounds (their minimum that you have to pay for even if you have less), the freight company Broadway Express might be a good company, economical to get a quote from. Their website is www.broadwayexpress.net and they are located in IL.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

arscoutswife

Postby arscoutswife » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you for the link Diane, I'll be getting an estimate from them. We have approx 11.000 pounds. We just moved to CA last year and my husbands company paid for the move, this time we'll have to cover it ourselves :cry:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:12 pm

If you were happy with the move last year, contact that same mover again. I know your husband's company paid for it, but they still may give you a great deal.

Otherwise, in the desert, contact Merit United or Cardinal Moving and Storage. Also, Golden Eagle may come to your area.

Good luck!

Shari

Postby Shari » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I used Authorized Movers located in N. Hollywood they are a total scam, stear clear there are alot of scams running out of Florida companies, this was my 8th move, never used a smaller provider before and I totally regret it now. We are sitting in an empty house now as they held my items hostage, just pay the money to use a national moving company I ended up doing that in the end. You can read my post that I submitted today.

Auri

Postby Auri » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 am

Although do keep in mind, there are plenty of smaller "non-scammer" companies in the US. You just have to research them a little bit.
Industry Professional in Chicago

Return to “Open Community”