Moving from Charlottesville, VA to Portland ME

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
gkessler

Moving from Charlottesville, VA to Portland ME

Postby gkessler » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:58 am

We're moving from C'ville to Portland ME and I've gotten comparable estimates from Charlottesville Transfer & Storage (Wheaton), Security Storage & Van Lines (Allied Van Lines) and Lawrence Transportation Systems (United Van Lines). Anybody have any experience or thoughts about any of these three?

Diane

Re: Moving from Charlottesville, VA to Portland ME

Postby Diane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:18 am

All three companies are discussed (but with minimal information) in the Virginia portion of the Superlist linked to below my name:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7122#77122
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7123#77123

I notice that "Ruges" (drives for a United agent) posted that Security was the best choice in Charlottesville, in his opinion.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:31 am

Lawrence is one of the top companies in that part of the country, has been a United agent for 70 years, and will do you a great job. I know the owner, and also knew his late dad. You can't do any better, I suggest you give them a call.

I once loaned his dad (Weldon Lawrence) my car when we were at a meeting and he had flown in, but needed a car, and while he was using it, managed to let a rock break my windshield, and I teased him that the car was a total loss.

joesgarage39

Postby joesgarage39 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:53 am

I agree with Archie. I used to be a driver with Hilldrup and everytime I had any contact with lawrence it was a great experience. They are definitely topshelf.

Lawrence Transportation

Postby Lawrence Transportation » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 am

Lawrence is now active on the Moving Scam network, we look forward to providing help in any way possible and working to help resolve any scamed movers in our service areas.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Welcome to movingscam.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Welcome, We look forward to the assistance and valued input.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Return to “Open Community”