Auto Transport from Oakland CA to Fort Worth TX

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
arosen9999

Auto Transport from Oakland CA to Fort Worth TX

Postby arosen9999 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:40 pm

First; let me say Thanks to all on this site. I am still in the process of planning my move; and will probably go with Allied after everything I have read. They are fairly competitive and sounds like a good name on this site. Unfortunatley, they do not move cars and I have 2 Honda cars to move. The boards are littered with scary stories on Auto Transport. I have scoured these boards and seen a few names, but does anyone have any concrete experience with any of them? Thanks in advance. PS. I plan on a donation to this site after my move in mid-June. It has been wonderful! Thanks. Adam

IMP

Re: Auto Transport from Oakland CA to Fort Worth TX

Postby IMP » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:10 pm

Allied doesn't move cars? That's news to me.

The folks we've heard success stories from here in car moving were with Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) and I've heard of other's who have had success with T'nT and Horseless Carriage.

Do I need to put in the disclaimers? These are not recommendations - just passing along information I have heard and (DUCK) I do not work for any of the companies mentioned.

IMP

Postby IMP » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:58 pm

I've been told through the grapevine that Allied does book car moves, but sends them through Dependable - so sounds like your mover trusts them.

arosen9999

Postby arosen9999 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:07 pm

Does anyone happen to know the official web address of "Dependable" Auto Transport. I want to make sure I use the correct company should I choose to go with them. Thanks in advance..

Adam

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:11 pm

It is www.dependableautoshippers.com. They do instant quotes on the site too.

What Allied agent said they do not move cars?

arosen9999

Postby arosen9999 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:13 pm

The Allied agent I am working with is named Charles Hicks. He explained that they no longer do auto shipping b/c they were running into problems and wanted to leave it up to the pros (other companies..)

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:26 pm

I spoke with Golden Gate Allied in Concord, and they also confirmed that they use DAS for auto shipping now.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

arosen9999

Postby arosen9999 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:36 pm

Hmmmm.. That makes me wonder: Why did charles refer me to Car Carrier? Thier record looks like sh*t on the BBB site. This also makes me wonder about Allied??? Can I trust them? We are getting different auto referals? Perhaps Charles has a friend at Car Carrier? Am I missing something here?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:57 pm

You should inform your Allied sales rep that his referral company has a bad rap. I wouldn't necessarily believe this means you'll have a bad move with him, but you might as well keep them on their toes!

Flip-Man08

Postby Flip-Man08 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:29 pm

[ad removed by moderator. You responded to a post from 2004, do you really think they haven't found a transport company by now??]

springbok

Postby springbok » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:16 pm

I have just used Golden Express to transport my BMW from California to Texas and it was an excellent experience.Very professional ,excellent and friendly driver,everything they said they would do was done and all very quickly.i could not be happier and highjly recomend them

Return to “Open Community”