Move from rural SE PA to Fort Collins CO

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
CharPAtoCO

Move from rural SE PA to Fort Collins CO

Postby CharPAtoCO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Anyone have suggestions on a mover from rural southeast PA to Fort Collins, CO. I have only had one company come out to do an estimate and it was by cubic feet. No one else is willing to drive the distance to quote, they all want to do it by inventory over the internet.
Thanks!

rydog444

Re: Move from rural SE PA to Fort Collins CO

Postby rydog444 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 pm

where at in SE PA? I know of a Parks-United agent in West Chester.

All estimates start with cubic feet and that is converted into pounds. There wasn't a weight total on your estimate?
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

CharPAtoCO

Postby CharPAtoCO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:15 pm

we are still about an hour southwest of West Chester, but i would like to call if you have a number and a name.

Nope, the quote was only cubic feet, and no where on the docs does it say binding.

bosoxfan

Postby bosoxfan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:02 pm

I am trying to get a picture of where you live - are you close to Cecil County, MD - say Nottingham/Oxford? If you are, try calling Bayshore (Allied). They are close to rt. 896 and it should not be an issue for them to do an inhouse estimate. Also that would be the case for American (Atlas). They are both located in Newark, DE - a 15 to 20 minute drive to Nottingham/Oxford, PA.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:45 pm

It appears he's posting from Pequea, PA

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 pm

that would be a perfect question for chaz4moving
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

CharPAtoCO

Postby CharPAtoCO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Yep, Nottingham it is. I'll try to find the contact numbers for both companies online. Thanks for the info.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:36 pm

The suggestion made for contacting the companies in West Chester and Newark DE is a good one. Both West Chester and Newark are fairly close by and they are good movers. You may also want to try Jack Treier Inc. in Lancaster. They are an agent for United and have a good reputation. I think they will travel to Nottingham for an estimate. You could also contact Park Moving & Storage in Aberdeen MD. That's a different company than Parks in West Chester. If you have trouble finding phone numbers online, send me a PM and I'll get them for you.

bosoxfan

Postby bosoxfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:08 am

One more name to try - Wayne Moving and Storage (NAVL) - they are located in West Chester. 30 minutes away on 202. They should also be able to send someone out and I think they have 2 employees that could do estimates because they live in your neck of the woods.

I bet you are going to miss the XMAS light display at Herr's and the scents from the area farms in early spring - who needs coffee to wake you up - that would do the job.

Return to “Open Community”