ASAP Vanlines

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
anderson1777

Re: ASAP Vanlines

Postby anderson1777 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 pm

To Conspiracy and MusicMom, I recently scheduled a move with ASAP vanlines, and after reading all these reviews I am beginning to get a little concerned however when looking online I see that most all moving companies have major compliants. What is all this talk of people having there items stored? I was told that my deliver would be somewhere between 3 and 20 days depending on how many other deliveries were on the way to my destination. That my move would probably be combined with one or two others to be more cost effective. I also here everyone complaining about this company but not really offerring any alternative moving companies. Care to comment or suggest? I also realize there is a lot of BS on the internet and these days you almost cant believe anything your read. A lot of people on the internet just like to stir up trouble. If this forum is of any real value then lets not piss away a bunch of time talking about the same sh"t over and over. How about solutions like out of the ten or so pages of compliants here I didnt see anyone focus on like a solution??? I mean if you people are going to spend all this time on the internet to accomplish something, then how about a list of descent movers?? Insteand of listing a site telling a person how to go about finding a good mover? Just the facts is all that is necessary concerning a good moving company......Like a few suggested moving companies. And yes, it is strange that many of ASAP vanlines phone numbers have been disconnected and have been changed, but doesnt really mean anything regarding the moving capabilities. I just want to know who to move with??? Does anyone really have any facts on that??

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - old Chinese Proverb

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7590#57590

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:59 pm

It appears you're posting from Michigan. Have you visted our Superlist of Moving Reviews yet? It's sorted by state.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8038

I'm not sure what's with all your anger, but I'd start with the above site.

Auri

Postby Auri » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:46 am

All I have to say is 92 complaints in not even three years is VERY high at the BBB for a moving company no matter what their volume of moves is.
Industry Professional in Chicago

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Very true, Auri.

DavidKochi

Postby DavidKochi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

anderson1777 wrote:What is all this talk of people having there items stored? I was told that my deliver would be somewhere between 3 and 20 days depending on how many other deliveries were on the way to my destination. That my move would probably be combined with one or two others to be more cost effective.

While long distance interstate moving is made profitable through consolidation of loads I can ASSURE you that ASAP will NOT be performing your delivery; and it may take them some time to find someone with empty space on a truck going to your destination. Until they find someone your stuff will sit in their warehouse in Niles, IL.

According to the united states government's data collected about this company they have 1 semi-truck. Think about that... one truck to cover deliveries to all of the lower 48 states... Expect a totally different company on the delivery end.

http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/hhg/SearchDetai ... t%3DSearch

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:27 pm

11 pages of posts about one company tells me all I need to know about that company, without reading the whole thing.

Shenobi

Postby Shenobi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:31 am

anderson1777 you should be VERY concerned about using ASAP Van Lines after reading here about their business practices.

There are alternative choices if you would take the time to read at this forum. We stop short of holding the phone for you and dialing the phone number of reputable movers.

Conspiracy

Postby Conspiracy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:28 pm

I am suprised ASAP Van Lines is not on the blacklist

wolfjam

Postby wolfjam » Fri May 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Wish I'd known about ASAP in June 2006 when we moved from WI to Rochester,NY. We experienced most of the negative reviews posted here but I believe our weight was okay.

It started with the 2 hour delay in the pack/load, leaving the house with items still remaining and having to arrange for them to return the next day, at delivery having to sign the bill BEFORE unload and then the driver never returning as promised by him to review the damaged stuff (including a bandsaw that rolled out of the truck). There were many damaged items in general and we were the perfect suckers. Granted one important piece of info was the insurance exclusion by their carrier that non solid wood furniture (aka manufactured or particle board) isn't covered. I even thought that I was being kind by buying the crew pizzas and a days worth of water/juice because it was so hot.

As a bonus I said that they could take anything in the bar that they wanted because I figured we'd bypass the potential for messy broken bottles,etc... When I got to the house after the 1st day of loading, I found open containers and many just lying around on the floor. I never told them that they could have a party.

Though we had many issues with ASAP, we ended up losing the will to move forward with formal complaints....we were just worn out and worn down with the process and wanted to move on (just what a company like ASAP counts on probably). I was able to document the damage and the state of the house that they left behind as well.

We were very naive when we chose ASAP and much too trusting. Looking back, they had all of the characteristics of a company that isn't ideal (e.g., internet based estimates of loads/costs without in person assessment by an estimator). I've started looking for another mover because we're actually moving back to Wisconsin in July. We have decided to go with a national based agent and although no company is perfect it seems that many do get good reviews. I'm hoping that we'll be able to avoid an ASAP type of outfit. I'm trying not to exclude the lowest quote we've received so far because ASAP was also the lowest and ended up being about the same in the end. We're very gun shy this time.

Wondering if anyone has any negative warnings about the national movers.

Thanks.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri May 09, 2008 8:29 pm

You’re fortunate because Rochester has some very good van line agents. Three that you should at least talk to are Lafayette http://www.lafayettemoving.com/ (Atlas), Clark http://www.clarkmoving.com/ (Mayflower) and East End http://www.eastendmoving.com/ (United). The first two have a long family history in the business. East End was recently purchased by Corrigan, a Michigan based family of movers. Each company consistently ranks above average in their respective van lines quality ratings.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:28 pm

A couple of thoughts after reading this insane post of yours, wolfjam. I am absolutely speechless if I understand this correctly. They drank your liquor while they were working??? Are you being serious? I would have called the police. I have seriously never heard of such a thing, unless your helping your buddy move. That is crazy.

Just wanted to note that a lot of companies will have you sign a waiver about particle board furniture. It should also state, however, that it is the shipper's responsibility to take these items apart or pay for the service of the carrier taking it apart. Quite simply, furniture made of particle board is not made to be moved. That's why it comes in flat boxes, never pre-assembled.

I still can't believe the whole drinking on the job thing. WOW
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Conspiracy

Postby Conspiracy » Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 am

WOW is right! They could lose their license for that.

Conspiracy

Postby Conspiracy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Wow they are losing business, Safersys was updated, they are now 3 trucks 2 drivers. LOL

Conspiracy

Postby Conspiracy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:22 am

BBB Report

Code: Select all

BBB Accreditation Status
On June 2, 2008 the membership was suspended due to unresolved  BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.
 complaint(s). The matter will be reviewed by the BBB's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

Code: Select all

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record  BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory  record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern 

Return to “Report A Scam”