Charles Wood Info ?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Richnjca

Charles Wood Info ?

Postby Richnjca » Mon May 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Any current info on Charles Wood and Sons in Melville Long Island New York?
Associated with Arpin?

Thanks

farrah7031

Re: Charles Wood Info ?

Postby farrah7031 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 pm

No complaints at the BBB in the past 36 months:
http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.a ... =1&id=3636

Where you moving to/from?

Richnjca

Postby Richnjca » Mon May 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Moving from Long Island to Los Angeles. Relatively small move -currently in a 5x10 locker- maybe 1800-2000 lb

rovermove

Postby rovermove » Tue May 27, 2008 12:04 pm

We had a terrible moving experience with Charles Wood about 9 months ago. Paul Arpin is a quality company with highly trained drivers. Although they were nice in seeking my business, CW is a local company that showed none of the same expertise. If you live in Manhattan, you are required to use a local mover to get your goods to the Arpin van that cannot enter the city. But the packing of the original packer determines the safety of your goods. We incurred a great deal of damage, and the Aprin driver said it was among the worst packing jobs he had ever seen. CW packing may have been suitable for a local move (their typical assignment), but not for a cross-country one. The staff had less training, and the crew chief was inexperienced. When my goods were in the van, he asked for a bigger tip than I had offered; akin to extortion if you ask me. Moreover, when I called to complain about the damage, they did not return my calls. Arpin did finally make good, but initially they definitely discriminated because I was not a "national account" (i.e., less likely to provide future business). Prevously, in my case, I had two damage-free long-distance moves with Arpin, and their drivers have always been high quality. My rating is Arpin :D but avoid CW if you can :(

Return to “Open Community”