*Moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Madison, Wisconsin. Any recs?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
banditt414

*Moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Madison, Wisconsin. Any recs?

Postby banditt414 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:35 pm

My company is moving me to Madison, Wisconsin. Does anyone know of any good moving companies that will make that sort of a move?

I can say that I was feeling ok about getting movers until I found this website and now I'm scared to see what happens with our stuff. Unfortunately we have to be in the Madison area after Memorial Day.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

B

rydog444

Re: Moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Madison, Wisconsin. Any recs?

Postby rydog444 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:27 pm

here is a list of companies reviewed on this site

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77107#77107
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Make sure they come and do an in home estimate for you.

banditt414

Postby banditt414 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:06 pm

If I was to use Upack where would I find helpers to pack/load and unpack/unload? I may go that route to advoid being held hostage.

Thanks

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:59 pm

If you use any of the companies on our list with good reviews, you should be fine.

If you want to go the ABF route, you can hire loaders/unloaders by going to www.emove.com and hiring only highly rated movers.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:28 am

Holding your goods hostage is not something that any van line would do. Don't let alone steer you away from using a moving company.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

r.tennison

Postby r.tennison » Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 am

In this site you see very few complaints about the larger more reputable movers. Get quotes, make sure they come directly to your home and look and see what you are moving. Second, do not go for the lowest quote. For example say mover a,b,c come in at say 5000 lbs and cost $2500 give or take a few hundred dollars max. But company D comes in at say 3000 lbs and wants $1000 to move, thats a sign of a company ready to scam. So be cautious, use only the larger van lines, United, Mayflower and Allied.

I am a mover myself, so I see the games from the other side and when I see them, I try and stop them in their tracks. I refuse the jobs from brokers, do not use them at all. One company in particular that I have issues with in your area is mills van lines. They are an allied agent, as a mover and a driver, i will say to steer clear of these folks. They get so petty that they send a memo out to the drivers making sure they shower etc. That is insulting and that is only the start of what i have seen with these folks. Good luck.

Diane

Re: *Moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Madison, Wisconsin. Any recs?

Postby Diane » Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 am

r.tennison,

You posted elsewhere that you are a driver for an Allied agent but you also say here that you refuse to take jobs from brokers. I don't understand. How can you consider accepting jobs from brokers if you are an owner-operator leased to a particular agent?

Does anybody else know anything about Mills Van Lines to support or refute what "r.tennison" says about them?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

condo driver

Postby condo driver » Fri May 30, 2008 10:15 pm

I was in there place over two years ago. There trucks and warehouse were very clean, all the drivers were company drivers and paid by the hour with a per diem per day. They charged me 20.00 for a weight, so i won't be going back. Also heard they were a big hauler for cartus.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Sat May 31, 2008 6:24 am

IF they are a big hauler for Cartus, they need to overcharge for weights, in order to cut their losses on the cartus tonnage.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:44 am

Yes, the company I used to drive for is a big hauler of cartus. I have a lot of friends that still drive for them, and they are all either in the hole or just staying afloat.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Sat May 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Let's keep the profanity "Cartus" off this web site!! 8)

Return to “Open Community”