Daytona Beach, FL to Lithonia, GA - Ace Relo

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kdsykes

Daytona Beach, FL to Lithonia, GA - Ace Relo

Postby kdsykes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:47 am

Hello,

I would first like to say that this website is wonderful. I have been on it for the last week researching moving companies for my mom. We too would have been victims had I not found this site because I first received estimates on the internet. After researching all of the companies I received estimates from, they were all taken off my list. I have now decided on three companies listed below. I asked for estimates over the phone so that I can get an idea of the price range and they are all coming out on Friday to do an in-home estimate on a 1bedroom move from Daytona Beach, FL to Lithonia, GA.

Read's (Atlas) in Daytona Beach. –$1808.10

Coleman-American (Allied) in Orlando - $2210.56

Ace Relocation Systems, Inc. (Atlas) in Orlando - $1822.31 with free full value protection valuation with no deductible because I have AAA.

I would like your opinion on the three companies I have chosen. I have not been able to find much information on Read’s in Daytona so I would really like more information on them. Thank you.

Rick

Re: Daytona Beach, FL to Lithonia, GA

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm

You're OK. All three are established, well respected van line agents.

Read's received Atlas Van Lines World-Class Commitment Award last fall. This award is conferred on agents who exhibit high quality standards by exceeding internal criteria set for customer service, customer satisfaction, estimating accuracy, claims ratio and compliance with the van line's other standards of excellence.

kdsykes

Postby kdsykes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Thank you Rick.

kdsykes

Postby kdsykes » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 pm

After my 3 estimates today I decided to go with Ace Relocation Systems. They are going to load on Sunday and deliver by Thursday or Friday. I will be there for the load, but will not be there for the unload. I know you're supposed to pay for the moving when they deliver, but I want to know is it okay to pay for it in advance since I will not be in Lithonia for delivery.

joesgarage39

Postby joesgarage39 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes you can pay in advance. Tell your coordinator that you want to prepay and they will charge you 110% of the estimate. If the serviecs fall short of the estimate they will issue a refund to you. The other way is to have the driver call in the shipment wiight and services on monday so they can rate the shipment and then you can go by the office and pay the exact amount. Either way will work for you.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 pm

It's OK to pay at origin as long as you arrange it in advance with the carrier.
The bigger concern now is who is going to receive it? If you're not going to be at destination, you'll have to appoint someone (not related to the carrier) to act as your agent to check off the delivered items, record notations of any apparent damage on the inventory, and sign the bill of lading to acknowledge receipt.

kdsykes

Postby kdsykes » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:36 am

Thank you two for the advice. My mom is going to be the one to receive it. I am moving her furniture up to Lithonia. She just had me to do everything else for her.

kdsykes

Postby kdsykes » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am

I wanted to say thank you again for the advice. I drove back to Lithonia to help my mom, so I was there on delivery. We ended up going with Ace Relocation Services and had a wonderful move. I particularly liked Mike Cray who did the in-home estimate and also the free full valuation with no deductible for being a AAA member. Two guys came to the house to do some partial packing and loading on Sunday, June 15th. Our items were delivered the following Saturday (June 21) and everything looked the same. No damages at all. They had four guys there to unload and the bill actually ended up being about $250 cheaper than the original estimate. Thanks again for helping us to avoid a moving scam.

Oh, there was one thing that we did not like. When we checked the list of items loaded we noticed that the guy marked that there were scratches on all the wooden furniture. I believe that was his way of trying to protect himself. I did make a note on the paperwork that stated there were no scratches on some of the items and that I had proof with pictures taken right before they arrived. Luckily, there was no damage to any of the items.

Diane

Re: **Daytona Beach, FL to Lithonia, GA

Postby Diane » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks so much for this good review of Ace Relo, which I'll add to the Superlist linked to below my name. Unfortunately, it's standard procedure for drivers to note that everything is scratched, rubbed, etc. - and yes, it IS how they protect themselves. Many customers don't even notice that this is being done because the drivers use abbreviations like SCR and so on. You did the right thing to make a notation disputing what the driver had written about some items.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”