Stairhopper Movers in MA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
JULY

Re: Stairhopper Movers in MA

Postby JULY » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm

Diane wrote:That does seem a bit high to me. I suggest that you get a quote from Humboldt, Marathon, and Olympic to see what they say. Big Foot may be charging you more because they would not only be sending a dedicated truck with your shipment, i.e. you would be the only shipment on the truck, but they also might have to come back to MA empty. I think it would be worth getting a few more quotes. Olympic would seem promising because they have a "sister" company in VA and might be able to get a return load from them.

They did say that they would charge us for a dedicated truck and would lower it if we were coupled with someone else. I'm going to get the other quotes and see what happens.
Moving from Boston to DC : July 2008

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Yes - I just looked up the review posted by Michelle about Olympic (now Olympia) and she said "We have a 3 bedroom home and Olympic quoted us $5,560 for moving 11650 pounds." That was a Nonbinding quote, going to VA like you but in July 2005, so prices will be much more now.

JULY

Postby JULY » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Diane wrote:Yes - I just looked up the review posted by Michelle about Olympic (now Olympia) and she said "We have a 3 bedroom home and Olympic quoted us $5,560 for moving 11650 pounds." That was a Nonbinding quote, going to VA like you but in July 2005, so prices will be much more now.

Are you saying that now it could be potentially be 5,500 for 5k lb move? That seems like an extreme jump, even with the cost of gas.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 pm

No, as I explained, I think the reason Big Foot's quote is so high is because they would be sending a dedicated truck and would probably have no return load to help pay their expenses. I am suggesting that Olympia might be able to get around these issues because they have two sister companies - one in MA and one in VA - that could help each other. (Maybe - I am just speculating. You need to call them.)

JULY

Postby JULY » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Diane wrote:No, as I explained, I think the reason Big Foot's quote is so high is because they would be sending a dedicated truck and would probably have no return load to help pay their expenses. I am suggesting that Olympia might be able to get around these issues because they have two sister companies - one in MA and one in VA - that could help each other. (Maybe - I am just speculating. You need to call them.)

Yeah they are coming on Monday - thanks for your help - you are so nice!

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm

You're very welcome. By the way, you don't have to click on the "quote" button when you post a reply. Just click on "post a reply" if it's clear what post you are replying to.

JULY

Postby JULY » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:31 pm

Oh sorry, force of habit from other forums!

Just helping

Postby Just helping » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:59 am

Stairhopper Movers in MA used reviews that were taken from other moving companies.
I can't tell you more then that because I don't know anything about them aside for the FACT that they used a few reviews that were posted about my company in NY.
I use Copyscape on my site so I get weekly reports... (even if they change a few words we still trace them...)

JULY

Postby JULY » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:01 am

I did notice a few of them were from real users of the site, but on another website all the reviews were the first and only posts of users, so I was very suspicious of that.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Just helping wrote:Stairhopper Movers in MA used reviews that were taken from other moving companies.

I just checked and the first three Stairhopper reviews on Citysearch are actually virtually identical to reviews for three other moving companies, two in NYC and one in CA. Makes you wonder. As I've said several times before, Citysearch reviews are NOT reliable since there appears to be no authentication process. In other words, anybody can post anything there.

Also, the first review of Stairhopper on Yelp.com was taken from the website of Simonik (Allied) with small changes - http://www.simonikallied.com/testimonials.html

This kind of stuff is really sickening and I think many people would say that the whole Stairhopper company is discredited by this.

JULY

Postby JULY » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:03 am

I agree Diane. They never called me back anyways.

Return to “Open Community”