ALERT - avoid Fragile Van Lines (CA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Re: Fragile Van Lines

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:33 pm

I recently moved from Los Angeles to NY via Fragile Vanlines. They weren't the cheapest quote (the next cheapest), but they had a better rating than the cheapest. They were HORRIBLE. Incompetent, late by contract to deliver my goods, condescending (seriously, I'm not sure why they thought they could call me "Sweetheart" and "Honey" whenever I asked them a question; and they just came saying "We'll take care of you" rather than answer my questions once they had my things), and they were ill-equipped to handle a long distance move. Several items, including my couch, are damaged or destroyed, and the claim process is going to be just as harrowing at the process of trying to get my stuff.

Avoid them. It may be more expensive to go with a bigger organization, like United Vanlines, but it'll be worth the piece of mind to have competent professionals moving you.

Re: ALERT - avoid Fragile Van Lines (CA)

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:40 pm

I posted NOT to use them some time ago.

I hired S & M Moving Systems (Untied) from CA to NYC. My stuff should be here this Monday. It has taken forever, picked it up on the 2nd. I have my fingers crossed.

Did you know that a business can buy a rating??? They can. I wrote to them and they never answered back.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you move here for business? What part of CA did you move from?

Robyn

darwindan

Postby darwindan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:22 am

fragile van lines located at perrino pl in LA are very good. they operate as
a branch of OZ moving out of NYC and they are one of the top.
good luck.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:22 am

On their website they list DOT#928349 which was revoked in January 2008. If they are in fact, operating under Oz's authority, they should change their DOT# on their website - it's been over 6 months.

Also, the BBB says they're no longer in operation.

Return to “Open Community”