Any comments on uship.com/Nationwide Delivery Systems of Tampa Florida?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
pmkfla

Any comments on uship.com/Nationwide Delivery Systems of Tampa Florida?

Postby pmkfla » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 am

I need to move a piano from Pa. to FL. and have posted a listing with uship.com.Apparently ebay winners use this website to have large special care items shipped.Uship is like a broker who receives bids from different movers .The movers try to agree on/close to the target bid you want to pay for the move.
I have received a bid from a moving company Nationwide Delivery System Of Tampa, Florida.Their dot # is 1060482/ mc# 441433. I researched this info and found overall they appear to be reputable.Their listing had referral's from the Tampa Tribune and St.Pete Times,however after checking these referral's they are from 12/22/03 and 12/04/04. There are also referral's from satisfied costumers using Nationwide,but I don't think I can contact them other than read their emails according to uship policies.Before I make a decison in a day or two,I wanted to see if anyone could update me with any information.
Thank you,
Patricia

MusicMom

Re: Any comments on uship.com/Nationwide Delivery Systems of Tampa Florida?

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 am

Well, they seem OK, except that their drivers have had violations for drugs and alcohol (one count each). Hopefully those drivers were dealt with. Even though those are two serious charges, they've got no FMCSA complaints and only a couple BBB complaints, and their other info seems to show they're an OK company. I see lots of positive feedback on various sites, and not the kind of raving reviews you find sometimes planted by employees. They are licensed and insured.

pmkfla

Postby pmkfla » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:48 pm

Thank you for the information.Do you happen to know when the drivers were charged with the drug and alcohol violations? Or, can you tell me how to find this out?I will contact the company with this information and see what their response is.Since this moving venture is a whole new area for me,may I ask you if this is a company you yourself would use for a one way move of a piano from Pa to FL?(depending of course on the result of the drivers violations)You seem to be very well informed on many issues on this message board,I would respect your opinion.Thanks again!

pmkfla

Postby pmkfla » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Thanks!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 pm

They may get defensive about those charges, don't bring them up right away. But before signing the contract, you might want to get the manager on the phone and discuss these concerns with him privately.

deking

Postby deking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:57 am

I used this company (NDS) in summer 2007 for a 2000+ mile move. Dealing with them was a total nightmare. First of all, after we had agreed on a pickup date, they called me to tell me that they were moving it forward by several days. They did not give me any option. So I packed my things in the greatest haste possible, getting very little sleep for the prior two nights. (Red flag #1). Secondly, we had agreed to a price based on the volume that had been estimated by a Mayflower on-site estimator with many years' experience, i.e. this was a very trustworthy estimate. But when the NDS truck arrived (or, actually, it was a Ryder rental truck with two NDS drivers), the drivers said that they were shocked at the volume of my things and could only pick up half that day (Red flag #2), but that another truck would be along, probably within a couple of weeks. The drivers were immature goof-offs. (Red flag #3) Meanwhile I left to drive my own car across the country. When I arrived at my new destination, I called NDS about the shipment, and was informed that instead of delivering in 2 weeks as they had said they would, it would actually be longer. Over two more weeks dragged by, until they finally delivered 31 days after pickup. (Red flag #4) Meanwhile we were disputing what would happen with the rest of my stuff. They were demanding more money to pick up and deliver. I insisted that I had already paid for the whole shipment, but that they had only delivered half. While a couple of people at the company were kind (Linda comes to mind, although in the end she proved powerless), others were rude. Renee was nice at the beginning but awful by the end. This went as high as Guy Rice, the Vice President, who was incredibly rude. As the first half of my shipment was about to load onto the truck, he said on the phone with clenched teeth, "If you don't sign the paper that I am faxing to you right now that says that what you paid covers only what we have in our possession, I will hold this shipment and it will sit and rot in our warehouse." (Red flag #5) Desperate to see my things (I had started a new teaching job and everything from my professional clothes to my teaching materials were in their possession), I caved and signed. Finally, after proposing compromises and having them refuse all options, I gave up on them and hired another company to bring the rest of my things. In the end, I estimated the total volume and came very close to the Mayflower estimate. This was an ordeal that lasted two months. I seriously considered suing, but decided it would be a further drain of time and energy. Thank goodness for movingscam.com! At least others can be prevented from going through this awful experience!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm

deking,

Of course I believe what you say. However, I don't see your negative review of NDS posted here - http://www.uship.com/profile/nwdelivery/ Is there some reason for that?

My understanding from Don Schwartz at www.stsmovers.com (who is also on uship.com) is that it is impossible to "game" the reviews on that site. However, I have been disappointed before, so will withhold judgment. In view of your experience, I guess the prudent thing would be for people considering uship.com to use only companies that have 100% positive reviews or maybe 99% - not 97% as NDS seems to have. Also, if you look at the back-and-forth negotiations between NDS and shippers prior to the move taking place, the tone just doesn't seem to be as consumer-friendly as the tone between Don and his customers (for example).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

deking

Postby deking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:19 pm

I didn't post a negative review on UShip because I didn't go through UShip. I contacted Nationwide Delivery Systems directly after finding their website and Googling around for reviews. At the time, I found only glowing praise and no negative reviews, so I went in trusting them. Ouch!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 pm

It's odd but I can't find any reviews of them on the Internet except for your negative review on Yahoo. Where did you see positive reviews? MM seems to have seen some too.

deking

Postby deking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

I really don't remember since that was a year ago. I do seem to recall that one was a newspaper article, which painted them in a very positive light. If you're interested, you can probably find it in Google News archives.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 pm

OK, thanks.

tfkness

Postby tfkness » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 pm

A Nationwide Delivery Systems subcontractor stole all of my poor dead mother's willed possessions to me in Las Vegas! This happened back in May! I hear that there are more people that this happened to. Please contact me so we can nail these scumbags! NDS will not even speak to me now about the case. I am suing and would love to hear from the others who were ripped off.

Lisle

lisleengle.com

ttneb

Postby ttneb » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 am

I was one of the 35 people that had their shipment stolen in Las Vegas. I had the same experience as MC Porter and others that have posted on this site. I purchased insurance through Nationwide Delivery System (“NDS”). I called many times to check on my shipment and I was always told that it would arrive the following week. NDS finally informed me that the goods were stolen, but then told me that no one at the company purchased insurance on my property. We had many arguments about this because I had paid them $150 for extra insurance on my property. I was finally told that I would be covered by NDS’ insurance. Vanliner, the insurance company that NDS uses, denied my claim because NDS was not in possession of the property at all times. I spoke with the president, Eric Gall, a few times after the goods were stolen. I told him Vanliner had denied the claim and I asked that he refund my shipping and pay the value of the property. He told me he was going to file suit against Vanliner, but would have to wait before he would reimburse anything. For the past several months, NDS will not return calls, e-mails, etc. As far as I can tell, no one has been reimbursed by NDS. I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau, and NDS will not respond. NDS refuses to keep their clients informed and has failed their clients.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I see fromt eh FL incorporations database that Nationwide Deliver Systems of Tampa had its incorporation revoked on 9/28/2008 for failing to file its annual report.

Here's some info you'll need to use in your continued fight against them, including any legal case you might file:

Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address
Title CEO
GALL, ERIC J
13937 LYNMAR BOULEVARD
TAMPA FL 33626

Registered Agent Name & Address
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY SYSTEMS, INC.
904 B CAPE CORAL PKWY E - SUITE 9
CAPE CORAL FL 33904 US
Name Changed: 08/14/2008
Address Changed: 08/14/2008

Eric Gall's only been the CEO for one year. But looking at all of Gall's corporations, every single one (including multiple incorporations with variations of NDS's name) were all revoked last month, with the sole exception of his holding company.

I don't know if this indicates cutting and running, but if I were you I'd press the matter with law enforcement before you lose your day in court.

Return to “Open Community”