Beltway Movers in Maryland - A++

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
dcgirl1977

Beltway Movers in Maryland - A++

Postby dcgirl1977 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 am

I moved this past Friday from Germantown to Potomac in Maryland. In the past I had bad expereinces with both Smooth Move and Charming Movers, so I was leery about a 3rd moving company. Based on recs from this amazing board, I decided to try out Beltway Movers.

When I called to make the appt in May, I was helped by a lovely woman who took the time to log all of my items and answer all of my questions. She even gave me a $50 off coupon and a 50% deduction on wardrobe boxes ($3 each instead of $6 each).

I set my appt time for Saturday, July 26th at the rate of $145 an hour. Due to unforseen conflicts, I had to move my move date up 1 day to July 25th with only 2 weeks notice. The going rate at that time was $175 an hour...eep. But, they were really nice and agreed to still give me the $145. First gold star.

The rep called a day before, as promised, and ran through all the contract terms again. Very nice. Second gold star.

My move time was from 8:00am - 1:00pm. The movers came 30 minutes early and were ready to go and super friendly! They managed to empty my entire 2 bedroom apartment, including dismanteling a crib and moving 2 massive sofas in -- are you ready -- 1 hour and 9 minutes!!!! Third gold star.

We drove over to my new place and they unloaded me in less than an hour. And on top of that, they took the time to put the boxes in the correct rooms, arranged furniture appropriately (sofa flush to the wall, dining room table centered under the light, etc). Fourth gold star.

They were done by 10:15am....less than 3 hours. And the cost was very reasonable - only $572. Fifth gold star.

They are, hands down, the best movers in MD. Not a thing was broken, they were extremely nice and friendly and you can't beat the dedication they had to getting my job done quickly. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Diane

Re: Beltway Movers in Maryland - A++

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks for this review.

What was your bad experience with Charming Movers and when did it happen?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

dcgirl1977

Postby dcgirl1977 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 am

I used Charming last year. They were late and took about twice as long as Beltway for the same amount of items. The cost was also double. I just got tired of paying people to take 8 hrs to move me...Beltway was so fast it was ridiculous.

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:39 pm

So because Charming works slower than Beltway they are a bad mover? Why not take the time to get a binding price quote and it won't matter how long the job takes.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:04 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:50 am

It just seemed that Charming was getting a bad wrap because they did not work as fast as Beltway. No harm no foul. :D

dcgirl1977

Postby dcgirl1977 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:31 am

It wasnt that they were slow - it was that when using an hourly rate, it is easy to jack up the overall charge...Being slow by an hour is a diminimous charge...being slow by 6 hours can cost an extra $1000.

My total charge by Charming was at least $800 more. And my appt time was from 8am - 10am...they came at 2pm and didn't call to say they were late. That was AWFUL.

Return to “Open Community”